Michael Inskeep Elementary School
Construction has begun on Michael Inskeep Elementary School, the new school in north Cold Springs! It's slated to open its doors in August, 2021.
Michael Inskeep Elementary School will help to relieve overcrowding at elementary and middle schools in the North Valleys, including Gomes and Silver Lake elementaries - the district's most overcrowded elementary schools.
The new school, being constructed by Q&D Construction, will follow the same design as the recently constructed elementary schools - Nick Poulakidas Elementary and John Bohach Elementary.
Join us on Wed. July 22 for a groundbreaking to celebrate this new school! Due to Covid-19 restrictions, we will be hosting two identical ceremonies, each capped at 50 guests. RSVP required. Click here for more info and to RSVP.
- Location: 18001 Briar Drive, Reno NV 89508
- Architect: H&K Architects
- Contractor: Q&D Construction
- Capacity:745 students
- Cost: $47.7 million budget approved by the Board of Trustees
- Namesake: Mr. Inskeep was a teacher in the Washoe County School District for more than 15 years. He taught math and social studies, and spent the majority of his career teaching 7th and 8th grade at Cold Springs Middle School. He passed away suddenly from a blood clot during a routine knee replacement surgery in 2017. He lived with his family in the North Valleys and was active in the community as a volunteer firefighter and coach.