Welcome to Facilities Management
Facilities Management is committed to the timely repair, maintenance and cleanliness of Washoe County School District facilities while sustaining regulatory mandates that assist the WCSD in providing a safe, healthy and comfortable learning environment that supports student achievement. In addition, Facilities Management provides the services essential for the planning, design, construction, restoration, and revitalization of all Washoe County School District facilities in alignment with “Envision WCSD 2015” in order to ensure that all students are provided a safe, healthy and comfortable learning environment conducive to academic performance improvements delivered in a safe, non-intrusive, transparent, effective, well communicated and efficient manner. AB 46: School Capital Needs Initiative.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONThe Facilities Management 2012-13 Department Plan was presented to the Board of Trustees on January 14, 2014 and included the Facilities Management Council of the Great City Schools Report.On Nov. 12, 2013 the WCSD's school capital needs initiative was defeated when the Washoe Board of Commissioners decided not to move forward with the proposal. Without this stable funding source for critical capital needs, WCSD will be re-considering projects that had already been approved by the Board of Trustees. We will continue to work with our community to find a way to sufficiently fund school facilities going forward.
MAJOR FUNCTIONSCapital Projects
- Provide capital planning (short and long range), design, construction management and accountability of new construction, revitalization and replacement projects for all planned, new and existing school facilities which is essential to provide adequate up-to-date student housing.
- Capital Renewal - considering the age of many of our schools, we spend much of our time and resources fixing what is already in schools and classrooms, bringing them up to standards.
- Revitalization - complete refurbishment of learning environments. This includes making our older buildings as safe and secure as possible.
- Technology and Infrastructure Upgrades - transitioning our classrooms into up-to-date locales of learning, offering students and teachers the best technology possible given current funding.
- New School Construction - when necessary, capital Projects plans for and creates new learning environments for our students in order to accommodate growth in Washoe county.
- Provide short and long term student enrollment forecasting for new facility identification and rezoning needs.
- Development and management of the District’s long range capital needs assessment.
- Carpentry, Electrical, Equipment Repair, HVAC, Mobile Grounds, Locksmith, Painting and Plumbing collectively handles the routine maintenance, service and repair of buildings and grounds systems for all Washoe County School District (“District”) properties.
- Housekeeping provides the daily, weekly and annual cleaning and sanitizing of all District schools and support locations, providing a safe, healthy and comfortable learning and working environment for all students and staff. District properties include 93 schools and 12 support facilities; statistically this equates to over 7.3 million square feet of building space, 1300 acres of grounds, and 300 acres of asphalt and concrete surfaces.
Regulated Systems and Assessment Division
PHYSICAL LOCATIONMaintenance, Housekeeping7495 S. VirginiaReno, NV 89511(775) 851-5673Capital Projects(Construction, Remodel, ES&A)14101 Old Virginia RoadReno, NV 89521(775) 789-3838
- The Regulated Systems and Assessment Division provide oversight and management of all operationally based regulatory programs. These duties include environmental compliance procedures and guidelines, hazardous waste disposal, underground fuel storage compliance, indoor air quality investigations, regular building and site inspections, assessment and recording of the condition of building and grounds systems within all District owned facilities for the purpose of maintaining a ten-year database of all current and future refurbishment and replacement needs. The deferred maintenance data collected by the Division of Regulated Systems and Assessment is essential in the formation and implementation of future capital projects planning, design, bidding and construction programs. Coordination of the management and oversight of regulated building construction materials and systems including asbestos and lead to prevent student and employee exposures during construction activities.
There are no upcoming events to display.
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
El Distrito prohíbe la intimidación, la intimidación cibernética, el acoso, el acoso sexual, la discriminación y / o las represalias en cualquiera de sus programas / actividades educativas, empleo y oportunidades de empleo. Para obtener la declaración completa del Aviso de No Discriminación del Distrito, así como los métodos para abordar preguntas e inquietudes, visite nuestra página de Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility
Para más información visite Civil Rights Compliance Department page.