Marce Herz Middle School
Construction of Marce Herz Middle School opened its doors to students in August 2020.
Marce Herz is built for 1,400 students and will relieve overcrowding at elementary and middle schools in south Reno.
- Location: 13455 Thomas Creek Road, Reno, NV 89511
- Architect: Van Woert Bigotti
- Contractor: Clark/Sullivan
- Capacity: 1,400 students
- Cost: $87.52 approved by the Board of Trustees
- Namesake: Marcelle “Marce” Barkley Herz (1911 – 1964) was an elementary school teacher in the region for more than ten years, including five years at Mt. Rose Elementary School. She was a world-class skier and runner who founded the Sky Tavern Junior Ski Program, the oldest and largest non-profit ski and snowboard program/facility in the United States. She was a trailblazer for the inclusion of women and minorities in athletic programs, and championed greater access to sports and physical activities for all students and the community.