Welcome to the Budget Office
Major FunctionsBudgeting centers around the development of the annual operating budget to align the District's resources with the Strategic Plan. This requires close collaboration between the Board of Trustees, the Superintendent, the Executive Leadership Team, and all of the District's stakeholders. Major responsibilities of the Budgeting Division include:
- Forecasting future financial resources and needs based on growth and revenue projections;
- Creating an annual budget cycle;
- Assisting schools and departments in the development and monitoring of their budgets;
- Continuous analysis of budget variance;
- Preparation of budget transfers;
- Periodic budget augmentations;
- Production of annual budget documents and an annual budget report;
- Preparation of various required quarterly and annual reports; and
- Working with the Nevada Department of Education and the State Legislature on matters related to school district funding.
FY2022 FRC Changes Effective July 1, 2021
Subject to FRC Review:
- New initiatives (these should generally be contained to Strategic Plan initiatives)
- Requests for positions/contracts/other items that require additional funding
- Significant budget updates/fiscal developments
- Reclassifications and reorganizations
- Vehicle purchases
- Professional services contracts > $25,000
The due date, in order to have your request placed on the next agenda, is the Friday prior to the next meeting. The FRC committee meets weekly, on Thursdays, and the Business Office requires adequate time to review requests and calculations before providing information to the FRC Committee for consideration. Items received after 5:00 on Friday, will be heard on the second Thursday following submission. The committee does not review submissions received in the same week they are submitted. Please be aware that a quorum is required and scheduled meetings will be cancelled if a quorum isn't present. Please be sure the form is fully completed and signed before submitting.
Kindly use the updated form below and discard any older versions. Kindly use the updated form below and discard any older versions. This form works best when opened in Firefox. If using Microsoft Edge, update to the latest browser and disable the pdf viewer. If using Chrome, you'll need to enable the Acrobat extension for Google Chrome. Instructions can be found here.
To request a status update: If you wish to follow-up on the status of an FRC request, please be sure you have considered the submission date using the guidelines above. If you know your submission meets the listed criteria, please email vphillips with the information listed below. Due to the high volume of multiple inquiries for the same request, requests that don’t include this information, or that are seeking status information prior to the scheduled meeting date, may be delayed.
- Date of submission
- Title or subject of request
- Name and email of person who submitted the request
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
El Distrito prohíbe la intimidación, la intimidación cibernética, el acoso, el acoso sexual, la discriminación y / o las represalias en cualquiera de sus programas / actividades educativas, empleo y oportunidades de empleo. Para obtener la declaración completa del Aviso de No Discriminación del Distrito, así como los métodos para abordar preguntas e inquietudes, visite nuestra página de Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility
Para más información visite Civil Rights Compliance Department page.