WCSD Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees is the governing body of the Washoe County School District. As such, the Board serves as the steward and guardian of the District's values, vision, mission, and resources. With clearly defined performance targets in mind, the Board will monitor the District's educational, financial, and administrative performance. The District's image and relationship with key stakeholders will be positive and contribute to the District carrying out its educational mission.
As the political subdivision established by the state of Nevada, the Board of Trustees will plan and direct all aspects of the School District's operations. The legal power, duties and responsibilities of the Board of Trustees are as defined by Nevada Revised Statutes and Board Policy.
Stay involved with the work of the Board of Trustees by signing up for Board News - a brief, weekly, e-newsletter that will keep you up to date on upcoming and past decisions.
To find your Trustee, precinct, and district information, please visit the Washoe County Registrar of Voters site. Just enter your street address (all caps) and click on "submit."
Trustees to fill Trustee Seat for District A
At the September 8 Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees, the board will discuss the process and timeline for filling the remaining term for the Trustee Seat for District A, which is located in south Reno and Incline Village. Interested applicants must be a qualified elector and meet the residence qualifications for the position. The appointee will fill the unexpired term until midnight on January 3, 2021.
For a map of District A, please click here.
Updated information on this process will be provided when available.
Updated Information on filling Trustee Seat for District A (updated September 9, 2020)
The Board of Trustees is inviting interested members of the community to apply for the Trustee Seat for District A. In accordance with Nevada Revised Statutes, the Board will publicize the vacancy and seek applications until 5 p.m. on Sept. 15.
To apply, individuals must submit the following:
Current resume and letter of intent which addresses the following questions:
- Why are you interested in serving on the WCSD Board of Trustees?
- What experience, interests, training, or other skills do you feel you would bring to the WCSD Board of Trustees?
- What is the role of a WCSD Trustee?
Applications may be submitted by and must be received by 5 p.m. on Sept. 15:
- email to – firstname.lastname@example.org
- mail to - WCSD Board Services Department, PO Box 30425, Reno, NV 89520-3425
- hand delivery to - 425 East 9th Street, Reno, NV 89512
Additional steps include:
- WCSD staff will notify the community of the vacancy through newspaper ads, local media outlets, and the District’s website.
- During its regular public meeting on Sept. 22, the Board of Trustees will narrow the pool of applicants, interview top candidates, make a final selection, and appoint the finalist to the Trustee Seat for District A.
- All applicants are invited to the Sept. 22 meeting.
- The newly selected Trustee will take the oath of office and begin service at the Sept. 22 meeting of the Board of Trustees. The term of this Trustee will expire at midnight on January 3, 2021.
- Employees of WCSD cannot serve in this capacity while employed by the District.
- To determine if you are a resident in District A, please visit the Washoe County Registrar of Voter’s website at: https://www.washoecounty.us/voters/resources/precinct-districtmaps.php
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM Education Alliance Board of Directors Meeting
October 13, 2020
October 15, 2020
5:30 PM - 7:30 PM Zoning Advisory Committee Meeting
October 21, 2020
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM Council on Family Resource Centers Meeting
October 22, 2020
October 27, 2020
November 5, 2020
3:30 PM - 5:30 PM Audit Committee Meeting
November 10, 2020
November 16, 2020
5:30 PM - 7:30 PM CTE Advisory Technical Skills Committee
November 24, 2020
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.