Welcome to the Intervention Department
The Washoe County School District Intervention Department's mission is to work in partnership with students, families, schools, and community agencies to ensure the success of all students by helping to identify and remove barriers that cause chronic absenteeism, and build resiliency with children and families.
The Intervention Department is comprised of the following programs:
- Attendance: provides guidance, policies, and supports to build and maintain good attendance habits for all students.
- Children in Transition and Foster Support: services for students and families who are identified as homeless, and for children in foster care.
- Family Resource Centers: resources and services for children, parents and senior citizens in the community.
- Re-engagement Program: services for students who dropped from school prematurely or who are not enrolled in school.
- Chronic Absenteeism and Truancy Intervention: services for students who are truant or at risk of becoming habitually truant.
There are no upcoming events to display.
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
El Distrito prohíbe la intimidación, la intimidación cibernética, el acoso, el acoso sexual, la discriminación y / o las represalias en cualquiera de sus programas / actividades educativas, empleo y oportunidades de empleo. Para obtener la declaración completa del Aviso de No Discriminación del Distrito, así como los métodos para abordar preguntas e inquietudes, visite nuestra página de Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility
Para más información visite Civil Rights Compliance Department page.