Welcome to the Intervention Department
Vision: The Washoe County School District Intervention Department's vision is to work in partnership with students, families, schools, and community agencies to ensure the success of all students.
Mission: Ensuring student success by removing barriers and building resiliency with families and children.
The Intervention Department offers specialized services for families in need and students who are experiencing difficulties attending school, those who are habitually truant, or who have dropped out.
Programs within the Intervention Department
The Intervention Department is comprised of the following programs: Children In Transition (CIT), Family Resource Centers (FRC), the Re-engagement Program, Truancy Intervention, Student Attendance Review Board (SARB), and Elementary Student Attendance Review Board (ESARB). Each department functions to complete different goals, but are connected by the same mission and goals. Please review the following list to understand the purpose of each program within the Intervention Department.
- Children in Transition: services for students and families who are identified as homeless.
- Family Resource Centers: resources and services to children, teens, parents, single adults, and seniors in the community.
- Re-engagement Program: services for children and teenagers who are no longer enrolled in school.
- Truancy Intervention: services for students who are truant or at risk of becoming habitually truant.
- Student Attendance Review Board (SARB) and Elementary Student Attendance Review Board (ESARB): two interdisciplinary teams comprised of WCSD representatives, community members, and external agencies that aim to assist students who are truant with re-engagement to school.
Attendance Officers and Re-engagement Specialists by school: Staff by school 18-19
School AP Request for Habitual Citation form: Request for Citation
SCHOOLS: To submit a referral for SARB/ESARB: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YKRJNTT
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.