The purpose of Arts Education in the schools is to establish for every child a permanent relationship with the arts which will give each individual a sense of satisfaction, personal growth, and artistic literacy during their school years and throughout life.
For children to develop their mental capabilities and realize their fullest potential, they need to be exposed to many different kinds of knowledge. Study in the Arts, creates students who are innovative, creative thinkers, problem solvers, and team players. These skills are vital to the development of 21st century thinking skills. All of the Fine Arts develop these skills and need to be a part of every child’s education.
“When words fail, we speak through the arts”
- Reno Jazz Orchestra
- Reno Philharmonic Orchestra
- Reno Pops Orchestra
- Sierra Arts Foundation
- New York Metropolitan Opera
- John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
Support Fine Arts Education
- How Playing an Instrument Benefits Your Brain TED Talk
- Phil Hansen “Embrace the Shake” TED Talk
- What if every child had access to music education from birth? TED Talk
- Public Broadcasting System: The Benefits of Music Education
The Washoe County School District website may contain links that lead to resources, video, etc., which is located on servers that are not maintained or controlled by the District. The District is not responsible for the contents of any such referenced websites or for the availability of access to such websites.