Nick Poulakidas Elementary School
Nick Poulakidas Elementary School opened its doors on August 10, 2019.
The new elementary school has relieved overcrowding at many of the elementary schools in south Reno.
- Location: 9600 Mojave Sky Drive, Reno NV 89521
- Architect: H+K Architects
- Contractor: Q&D Construction
- Capacity: 745 students
- Cost: $37.25 million
- Land: The land was donated by Corona Cyan LLC, the master developer of the Bella Vista Ranch
- Namesake: Nick Poulakidas was a Native Nevadan who worked for the Washoe County School district for more than 30 years. He was a teacher at Robert Mitchell Elementary School, Veterans Memorial School, and Sparks Intermediate School. He was also the principal of Mary Lee Nichols Elementary School and Lincoln Park Elementary School for 24 years. Mr. Poulakidas died in 1981, after suffering a heart attack at a dance at the Nevada PTA Convention in Ely.