Darrel Swope Middle School
The Swope Middle School expansion and renovation nears final completion.
Construction is scheduled to be completed at the end of February 2023. The project includes a new gym and basketball courts, a new two-story classroom building, a new kitchen, and renovations to the older section of the building including an updated HVAC system.
To accomodate the construction, Swope Middle School had a modified calendar and started school on August 29, 2022.
An official Ribbon Cutting ceremony was held on January 30, 2023 to celebrate this expansion and renovation project.
To stay up to date on the construction project, sign up for emails about Swope at http://bit.ly/SwopeProject.
- Location: 901 Keele Drive, Reno 89509
- Architect: Architects Plus
- Contractor: United Construction
- Capacity: Expected to increase from 773 to 1117
- Cost: $52.7 million approved by the Board of Trustees