Darrel Swope Middle School
The Swope Middle School expansion and renovation project completed.
Swope Middle School students, families, staff and community members celebrated the completion of the expansion and renovation project with a ribbon-cutting ceremony in January 2023. This unique project includes a new gym and basketball courts, a new two-story classroom building, a new kitchen and renovations to the older section of the building, including an updated HVAC system.
Swope Middle school staff and students were in full operation during much of this construction project. To accommodate the construction work, Swope Middle School operated under a modified calendar in the 2022-2023 school year.
We have a short video of the official ribbon-cutting ceremony for you to watch.
- Location: 901 Keele Drive, Reno 89509
- Architect: Architects Plus
- Contractor: United Construction
- Capacity: Expected to increase from 773 to 1117
- Cost: $52.7 million approved by the Board of Trustees