Welcome to the Multi-Tiered System of Supports
Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) Digital Learning Resources: Click Here
MTSS Behavioral Health & Management Team-Behavior Hotline
Our team is excited to announce a behavior lifeline for families and staff that may need behavior supports for their students/children. Connecting virtually, via phone call, or email, we can help you!
Supports for families and staff include:
- Individualized family supports that will benefit your family/students in the home. Topics include:
- Creating routines and structure within the home
- How to come up with rewards for your child
- Helping with challenging behaviors
- Setting up your student/child for success using positive language
Supports for staff include:
- How to engage with your students via phone call or online
- Supporting students that may not be motivated
- Teams/Zoom meetings for additional questions/supports
To access supports, please email MTSS@washoeschools.net or call our hotline at: 775-337-7566.
-Please make sure to include the following in your email along with your question(s):
- Name & contact information
- Student(s) name
- Our team will contact you shortly after receiving your email.
This site contains information on the implementation of a Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) and Social and Emotional Learning practices at schools and in the classroom, to include Behavioral Health and Management with Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports (PBIS) and Restorative Practices (RP).
Please find our Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) Digitial Learning Resources Here
Our MissionThe Multi-Tiered System of Supports-Social and Emotional Learning Department works to develop Washoe County School District's capacity to create, support, and sustain school climates that are safe, orderly, predictable, and positive, so as to maximize opportunities for academic, social, and emotional success for all.Additional Information
- Click on the links to the right for more detailed information on MTSS, PBIS & Behavioral Health and Management, SEL, and RP.
- If you have any question that cannot be answered on this site, please contact anyone in the department as listed below.
- Check the Professional Learning Management System (PLMS) in MyPGS to see all upcoming professional development.
Location5450 Riggins Court, Suite 5Reno, NV 89502775-337-7568 office775-689-2529 fax
MAPMTSS TeamAmy Coombs, MTSS AcademicsBridget James, Ph.D., MTSS AcademicsStephanie Keating, MTSS-BehaviorCristie Gilkey, MTSS-BehaviorSEL TeamChris Ewald, SEL District FacilitatorJanna Moyer, SEL District FacilitatorMaggie Folkers, SEL District FacilitatorMicaela Gerardin-Frey, SEL District FacilitatorBehavior Health & Management TeamSara L. Schienle, BCBA, Behavior AnalystAndrea Kearney, Behavior Implementation SpecialistMegan Evans, Behavior Implementation SpecialistMichelle Tye, Registered Behavior Tech
Trish Shaffer, MTSS/SEL Coordinator
Dana Spencer, MTSS/SEL Administrative Secretary
Universal District Level Referral Form
New Updated Referral Form for SY 2019-2020Click HERE to refer a case for any of the following supports:
- WCSD Behavior (GenEd & SpEd)
You may submit a referral for just DIAT.If you are requesting additional behavior supports from MTSS or SPED, as well as DIAT, please select a secondary reason for referral.An email confirmation of receipt will be sent within one business day. If you do not receive an email or have questions regarding your submission, please email MTSS Support or Michelle Tye.
- District Intervention Assistance Team (DIAT)
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.