Nevada revised statutes (NRS) require that WCSD undergo an annual public budget process in which the District must develop a balanced budget for the upcoming school year. Budget staff has estimated that the district may face an initial budget shortfall of $22 to $28 million, based on preliminary revenue projections and cost estimates. At the same time, however, the Budget Office will be incorporating a number of new budgeting techniques to close this gap and reach a sustainable, structurally balanced budget. This page is designed to provide information on this budget process as it takes place.
In preparation for the 2018-2019 school year, the Washoe County School District Board of Trustees has directed staff to get an early start on the budget process with a renewed focus on community feedback and involvement. This page is designed to provide information on how you can become involved in the budget process and make your voice heard.
Please take a moment to review results from our 2018-2019 budget survey. Results of this survey will help staff and the Board of Trustees understand the priorities of our community as the new budget is developed.
Budget Update to the WCSD Board of Trustees
- December 12, 2017 The Board of Trustees received an Status update and discussion of budget strategies and analysis to be used in the preparation of the final budget
- November 28, 2017 The Board of Trustees received an update on the budget process.
- October 24, 2017 The Board of Trustees received an update on the budget process.
- September 26, 2017 The Board of Trustees conducted a workshop on the budget planning process for Fiscal Year 2018-19.
- August 19, 2017 The Board of Trustees received a presentation regarding an update of the Fiscal Year 2017-18 and 2018-19 Budgets and the budget planning process for Fiscal Year 2018-19.