Welcome to the Compliance Department
The Compliance Department protects the rights of students with disabilities by ensuring that WCSD practices are consistent with State and Federal laws. The Compliance Department works to ensure that the WCSD complies with state and federal laws and regulations, district policies, regulations, and procedures governing the provision of special education and related services. The Compliance Department provides technical assistance to various departments, including The Office of Student Services and The Office of School Leadership.
Major responsibilities of the Compliance Department include:
- Oversight of the online IEP software
- Oversight of state special education reporting
- Monitoring of special education services and supports
- Oversight of Physical Restraints and Aversive Intervention (AB 56)
- Oversight of Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI)
- Assurance of IDEA document maintenance and scanning into the electronic record
- Oversight of special education FERPA issues
Washoe County School District
425 E. Ninth Street
Jeanne Spencer, Administrative Assistant
There are no upcoming events to display.
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
**All graphics used on the Compliance Department website were obtained with permission from PRESENTERMEDIA.**