Work and StudyStudents enrolled in a Washoe County School District high school in grades 9-12 may apply to earn elective high school credit for working at a paid job.
Procedure can be found here
- Each student is responsible for obtaining their own job.
- Work and study credit may be earned at one-half (.5) credit for 180 hours of active participation (actual hours worked).
- Sick time, PTO or vacation does not count towards the hours worked.
- Overtime can be counted.
- Total credits earned from Work and Study and other alternative means may not exceed a maximum of four (4) credits. If no other alternative credits have been earned, then four(4) credits can be earned in Work and Study.
- Use course number 8369.
- All grades are pass/fail and do not factor in to the GPA.
- Tracker to submit credits to Curriculum & Instruction can be found here. Only school personnel will submit trackers.
Students - please direct any questions to your school counselor. All paperwork should be sent to your school counselor.
The Washoe County School District website may contain links that lead to resources, video, etc., which is located on servers that are not maintained or controlled by the District. The District is not responsible for the contents of any such referenced websites or for the availability of access to such websites.