Family and Community Mathematics Resources
enVision Login Tutorial Video
Family Games for each grade level
The following are links to games that may be used within a Academic Parent Teacher Team workshop, but can be utilized by any parent to support mathematics development in fluency. Click on appropriate grade band for each game.
- Cover the Number
- Four in a Row
- High Roller
- Rolling For
Other links to assist families in supporting understanding in math:
- US Department of Education Books for Families: Helping Your Child Learn Math
- Figure This - Math Challenge for Families
- A Families Guide: Fostering your Child's Success in School Mathematics
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium Parent Guide
- Bedtime Math - Sign-up for the app, e-mail, facebook or visit the website for engaging bedtime mathematics practices with your children.
- What is Engineering? Video
- Multiple Algorithms for Solving Problems
- Five Principles of Extraordinary Math Teaching - Video by Dan Finkel
“Getting Ready” Summer Mathematics Activity Guides for Families: Simple activities to engage in with children to get them ready for the grade they will be entering in August.
FREE Elementary Mathematics Course for Students (provided by Dr. Jo Boaler, Stanford University).EDUC115-S: How to Learn Math: For Students
5th and 6th grade teachers may wish to enroll in this course and share some of the modules with their students. The course begins in May and runs through December. Highly encouraged. Topics include: Knocking Down the Myths About Math, Math and Mindset, Mistakes and Speed, Number Flexibility, Mathematical Reasoning, and Connections, Number Patterns and Representations, Math in Life, Nature and Work.
Parent Roadmaps to the Nevada Academic Standards (Common Core State Standards)
Nevada Academic Content Standards (NVACS)
- Letter from State superintendent of Public Instruction, Dale A. R. Erquiaga
- Myths vs. Facts - This document that outlines information about the Common Core in Nevada
Technology Based Resources for Families
- NCTM Illuminations Ten-Frame (K-2)
- NCTM Illuminations Ten-Frame Tutorial for Teachers
- Calculation Nation (3-7)
The Washoe County School District website may contain links that lead to resources, video, etc., which is located on servers that are not maintained or controlled by the District. The District is not responsible for the contents of any such referenced websites or for the availability of access to such websites.