Instrumental and Vocal Music
The Washoe County School District Instrumental and Choral instruction is aligned with the National and State Music Standards.
The study of instrumental and choral music is a critical part of every student’s education. Students who study music at the secondary are developing critical 21st Century Skills, develop critical thinking, problem solving, and develop the skills to think innovatively, cooperate in groups, and be creative.
The cooperative learning setting of music ensembles allows students to develop both individually and as members of a larger community.
“When words fail, we speak through music”
Violin Sizing Guide
Guidelines for Instruments in Schools
Music Resources (Local and National)
- National Association for Music Education
- Nevada Music Educators Association
- The Reno Philharmonic Orchestra
- National Association of Music Merchants
- Support Music - The NAMM Foundation
- VH1 Music Advocacy
- Conn-Selmer Institute
- Nevada Arts Council
- Sierra Arts Foundation
- Arts Educators of Nevada
- National Art Education Association
- Educational Theatre Association
- Nevada Museum of Art
- American Orff-Schulwerk
- Sierra Nevada American Orff-Schulwerk Association
- Dalcroze Society of America
The Washoe County School District website may contain links that lead to resources, video, etc., which is located on servers that are not maintained or controlled by the District. The District is not responsible for the contents of any such referenced websites or for the availability of access to such websites.