Signature Academies are four-year themed high school programs that help students jump start their future. These courses of study provide a rigorous, applied curriculum that includes opportunities to earn college credit and industry certifications, gain 21st century skills, and develop connections between school and the real world. Themed programs are offered in Agricultural Science & Natural Resources, Business & Marketing, Engineering & Manufacturing, Information Technology, Media & Communications, Health Sciences & Human Services, International Baccalaureate, and Performing Arts.
If you are currently in the 8th grade and you would like to participate in a Signature Academy next year as a freshman in high school, you will need to submit an online application. For more information on Signature Academy programs and how to apply, please see the resources below. If you are current in high school and you are interested in participating in a Signature Academy, please contact your school counselor for more information.
Click here to view a presentation on Signature Academies & Career Technical Education.Late application window (Round 3) for School Year 2022-2023April 1, 2022 - June 10, 2022Round 3 applications will be processed on a first come first serve basis.Log into your application at anytime to view your application status, waitlist numbers, or to accept program offers.
Signature Academy Programs Available by WCSD High Schools
- Academy of Arts, Careers and Technology A Signature School featuring Animal & Plant Sciences, Business, Communication Arts & Media, Culinary & Hospitality, Education & Training, Engineering, Medical Careers, & Welding. Click here for more information and video.
- Damonte Ranch Performing Arts Center Theater, Dance, Instrumental Music, and Choir. *Please Note: Students applying to Damonte need to call Damonte Ranch High School and schedule an audition time prior to submitting an application. Contact number is 775-321-3908. Click here for more information.
- Galena STEM Academy Project Lead the Way: Aerospace Engineering and Environmental Engineering. Click here for more information.
- Hug Health & Human Services Academy Medical Careers (Sports Medicine) and Human Services (Human Services, Culinary Arts). Click here for more information.
- McQueen Culinary Arts Academy Culinary Arts. Click here for more information. Click here to view the new CTE facilities.
- North Valleys Center for Agricultural Science and Engineering Agricultural Engineering (Drafting, Diesel, Fabrication) and Agriculture Resource Management. Click here for more information.
- Reed Enterprise Project Civil & Environmental Engineering Biomedical, Engineering, and Human Services. Click here for more information.
- Reno Red House Project Animation, Computer Science, Graphic Design, and Video Production. Click here for more information.
- Sparks Information Technology Academy Manufacturing Technology, Building & Construction Technology. Click the link below for more Signature information.
- Spanish Springs Academy C3 Media (Graphic Design, Multimedia Communications, Video Production, Web Design) and Sports Medicine. Click here for more information.
- Wooster High School A Signature School featuring International Baccalaureate Curriculum: Middle Years (BMYP), Diploma (IBDP) and Career-related (IBCP) Programs.
Career and Technical Education Programs: As required by the 1979 Guidelines for Eliminating Discrimination in Vocational Education Programs (34 CFR Part 100, App. B, IV-O), the District offers several Career and Technical Education Programs. Admission to these programs is open to all students enrolled in the Washoe County School District.
Programas de Educación Técnica y Profesional:Como lo requieren las Pautas de 1979 para Eliminar la Discriminación en los Programas de Educación Vocacional (34 CFR Parte 100, Apéndice B, IV-O), el Distrito ofrece varios Programas de Educación Técnica y de Carreras. La admisión a estos programas está abierta a todos los estudiantes inscritos en el Distrito Escolar del Condado de Washoe
380 Edison Way, Suite 101Reno, Nevada 89502Phone: 775.327.3945Fax: 775.861.1299Office Hours:Monday-Friday 8 am-4 pmDirectorAdministrative Assistant (Grant Management)Academic DivisionProgram CoordinatorProgram CoordinatorRobotics CoordinatorCommunications, Marketing & Recruitment FacilitatorWork-Based Learning Facilitator
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
El Distrito prohíbe la intimidación, la intimidación cibernética, el acoso, el acoso sexual, la discriminación y / o las represalias en cualquiera de sus programas / actividades educativas, empleo y oportunidades de empleo. Para obtener la declaración completa del Aviso de No Discriminación del Distrito, así como los métodos para abordar preguntas e inquietudes, visite nuestra página de Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility
Para más información visite Civil Rights Compliance Department page.