Presentation on Signature Academies & Career Technical EducationSignature Academies are four-year themed high school programs that help students jump start their future. These courses of study provide a rigorous, applied curriculum that includes opportunities to earn college credit and industry certifications, gain 21st century skills, and develop connections between school and the real world. Themed programs are offered in Agricultural Science & Natural Resources, Business & Marketing, Engineering & Manufacturing, Information Technology, Media & Communication, Global Studies, Health Science & Human Services, International Baccalaureate, and Performing Arts.
- Academy of Arts, Careers and Technology A Signature School featuring Business, Communication Arts, Culinary & Hospitality, Education, Engineering, Medical Careers, Natural Resources & Animal Science. Click here for more information and video.
- Damonte Ranch Performing Arts Center Theater, Dance, Instrumental Music, and Choir *Please Note: Students applying to Damonte need to call Damonte Ranch High School and schedule an audition time prior to submitting an application. Contact number is 775-321-3908. Click here for more information.
- Galena STEM Academy Project Lead the Way: Aerospace Engineering and Environmental Engineering. Click here for more information.
- Hug Health Sciences Academy Medical Careers (Sports Medicine) and Community Health & Human Services (Human Development, Culinary/Baking). Click here for more information.
- McQueen Global Studies Academy International Studies (World Languages) and Fine Arts (Visual Art, Music) Click here for more Signature information. Click here to view the new CTE facilities.
- North Valleys Center for Agricultural Science and Engineering Agricultural Engineering (Drafting, Diesel, Fabrication) and Natural Resource Management. Click here for more information.
- Reed Enterprise Project Civil & Environmental Engineering Biomedical, Engineering, and Human Services Click here for more information.
- Reno Red House Project Animation, Computer Science, Graphic Design, and Video Production Click here for more information.
- Sparks Information Technology Academy Tech Science (Animation, Web Design), Manufacturing Technology and Construction Technology. Click the links below for more Signature information.
- Spanish Springs Academy C3 Media (Publication, Graphic Design/Photography, Video Production, Web Design) and Sports Medicine. Click here for more information.
- Wooster High School A Signature School featuring International Baccalaureate Curriculum: Middle Years (BMYP), Diploma (IBDP) and Career-related (IBCP) Programs.
Career and Technical Education Programs: As required by the 1979 Guidelines for Eliminating Discrimination in Vocational Education Programs (34 CFR Part 100, App. B, IV-O), the District offers several Career and Technical Education Programs. Admission to these programs is open to all students enrolled in the Washoe County School District.
Programas de Educación Técnica y Profesional:Como lo requieren las Pautas de 1979 para Eliminar la Discriminación en los Programas de Educación Vocacional (34 CFR Parte 100, Apéndice B, IV-O), el Distrito ofrece varios Programas de Educación Técnica y de Carreras. La admisión a estos programas está abierta a todos los estudiantes inscritos en el Distrito Escolar del Condado de Washoe
380 Edison Way, Suite 101Reno, Nevada 89502Phone: 775.327.3945Fax: 775.861.1299Office Hours:Monday-Friday 8 am-4 pmDirectorAdministrative Assistant (Grant Management)Career Exploration FacilitatorWork-Based Learning Facilitator