Resources for Staff Training
••• A PRIMER FOR TESTING: Policies and Professional Expectations (pdf)
--The "Primer" is required annual reading for all staff who may administer or assist in the administration of state and/or district assessments, including those who may be authorized to handle or supervise secure test materials.• Training Log Template (retain all records of training for 3-school years)--PRESENTATION MATERIALS: Use for Initial and Refresher TrainingSchool Test Coordinators: Review presentation materials for use during refresher training with staff.WCSD A Primer for Testing: Policies and Professional Expectations (mandatory, all staff)
NDE Test Security Training (mandatory, all staff) - NEW for 2019-2020!--View the video (via SharePoint or YouTube). Print and sign the acknowledgement form, then submit signed form to your school administrator.Video Presentation (Duration > 11:19)
- PRIMER Training Presentation (ppt)
- Presentation Notetaker (pdf)
- FORM: Verification of Mandatory Staff Training (Principal sign & submit)
Nevada Assessments Administration Training, DRC INSIGHT/eDIRECT (Summative, Science, NAA, EOC ELA Part 2)
- Watch on SharePoint (sign-in required)
- Watch on YouTube
- Video Script (pdf; for CC support)
- Acknowledgment Forms:
- Training Presentation
Quick Links -- STAFF
Reporting Irregularities in Testing
Contact WCSD Assessment Support to report irregularities in test security and test administration. Immediately following an incident, begin collecting statements from involved staff, students, and other observers as appropriate. All incident reports are to be completed and submitted by the principal or site test coordinator.
- Protocol: Testing Irregularity Due to Staff Error (pdf)
- Nevada Whistleblower Protection and Protection of School/District Personnel (pdf)
WCSD District Tests and Local Incidents
Use for incidents related to BRIGANCE, Civics, District Common Finals, EOC Finals, and MAP Mathematics. Use the Nevada Online Incident Reporting system to report security breaches on state assessments.
NEVADA Testing Program - WASHOE DISTRICT Online Incident Reporting
WASHOE schools, report incidents related to the following assessments in the Nevada Testing Program: ACT, CTE, EOC, MAP Reading, NAA, Science, Summative, and WIDA (ACCESS)
- Same day > Principal (P) or School Test Coordinator (STC) contact Assessment Support* by email or phone to report the incident. *WIDA (ACCESS) incidents contact Department of ELD (Attn: TNunn)
- Complete online Incident Form for Washoe District, Click > STATE Irregularity Reporting
- This report form link is zoned for Washoe County School District public & charter schools only.
- Form cannot be saved or reopened and must be completed in one sitting.
- If you must step away before completing a report, lock your computer screen; system will not time-out.
- Submit the reporting form only once per incident.
- Before launching the online form, be prepared with the following information:
- Test Name
- Grade Level(s)
- Description of the irregularity (narrative of the incident and the outcome)
- *If the irregularity occurred during one part of the test, make note of the test name AND which part in the description section (e.g. WIDA-Speaking, Summative-Math)
- Planned corrective action (action taken to prevent similar occurrences in the future)
- Student Information*
- *If the incident involves no more than two students, type student information into the form. For more than two students, prepare and attach a file. For each student, include: Last Name, First Name, Middle Initial, State ID (10-digit), and Birthdate
- Collected Evidence: Combine all collected evidence into one document or zip file.
Complete all sections and verify submission prior to closing the report form window. Submitted forms are reviewed by the District Test Director (DTD) for prior to submitting the final report to the Nevada Department of Education (NDE). School administrators cannot re-open a submitted form. Contact Assessment Support to add new information or attachments to an already submitted incident report.
WCSD Assessment Support Team
Email: Assessment Support
Phone: (775) 348-0248
Fax: (775) 333-6081