Universal tools, features, and supports are accessibility resources that are available to all participating students, based on student preference and selection.
*Individual test administration manuals describe materials allowed or not allowed during testing.
If not specifically stated, scratch paper may include plain unlined, lined, patty paper, or grid-only (unlabeled) graphing paper.
Print your own grid-only paper (each download includes one page of gray, dark gray, or black (source >Print-Graph-Paper.com):
- Grid-only, letter size paper, 1/4 inch (pdf)
- Grid-only, letter size paper, 1/2 inch (pdf)
- Grid-only, letter size paper, 5 mm (pdf)
- Grid-only, letter size paper, 1 cm (pdf)
A calculator is a universal tool for calculator allowed test items on district, state, and national assessments. This tool should only be made available with the specific items for which the test or test item indicates that it would be appropriate. Follow test specific guidelines for hand-held calculator use on paper-based district and national assessments.
Students taking the Nevada Science and Mathematics assessments through DRC INSIGHT will have access to an embedded calculator for select math items starting in grade 6, and science assessments starting in grade 5.
- Smarter Balanced--Mathematics: Grades 6-8
- Try it > Desmos Calculators
- Nevada Math and Science: DRC INSIGHT Online Tools Training (launch through Chrome)
- District Assessments
- Check with the test provider or sponsoring department.
- Calculator Policies for ACT and College Board