District & State Assessment Programs
◊ Resources: Universal Tools*--Available to ALL Students
*Individual test administration manuals describe materials allowed or not allowed during testing.
If not specifically stated, scratch paper may only be plain unlined, lined, or grid-only (unlabeled) graphing paper. Some assessments may allow use of tracing or patty paper. Print your own grid-only paper (each download includes one page of gray, dark gray, or black (source >Print-Graph-Paper.com):
- Grid-only, letter size paper, 1/4 inch (pdf)
- Grid-only, letter size paper, 1/2 inch (pdf)
- Grid-only, letter size paper, 5 mm (pdf)
- Grid-only, letter size paper, 1 cm (pdf)
A calculator is a universal tool for calculator allowed test items on district, state, and national assessments. This tool should only be made available with the specific items for which the test or test item indicates that it would be appropriate. Follow test specific guidelines for hand-held calculator use on paper-based district and national assessments.
- Smarter Balanced--Mathematics: Grades 6-8
- Try it > Desmos Calculators
- Nevada vendor > DRC INSIGHT Online Tools Training (launch through Chrome)
- District Assessments
- Acceptable and Unacceptable Calculators by Course/Grade Level
- Calculator Policies for CollegeBoard and ACT
See also: https://doe.nv.gov/Assessments/