District & State Assessment Programs
◊ Resources: Universal Tools*--Available to ALL Students
*IMPORTANT>> Individual test administration manuals describe materials allowed during testing.
If not specifically stated, scratch paper may only be plain unlined, lined, or grid-only (unlabeled) graphing paper. Some assessments may allow use of tracing or patty paper. Print your own grid-only paper (each download includes one page of gray, dark gray, or black (source >Print-Graph-Paper.com):
- Grid-only, letter size paper, 1/4 inch (pdf)
- Grid-only, letter size paper, 1/2 inch (pdf)
- Grid-only, letter size paper, 5 mm (pdf)
- Grid-only, letter size paper, 1 cm (pdf)
A calculator is a universal tool for calculator allowed test items on district, state, and national assessments. Students taking the Nevada Science and Mathematics assessments through DRC INSIGHT will have access to an embedded calculator for select math items starting in grade 6, and science assessments starting in grade 5. Follow test specific guidelines for hand-held calculator use on paper-based district and national assessments.
- Smarter Balanced--Mathematics: Grades 6-8
- Try it > Desmos Calculators
- Nevada Math and Science: DRC INSIGHT Online Tools Training (launch through Chrome)
- District Common Math Finals
- Calculator Policies for CollegeBoard and ACT
See also: http://www.doe.nv.gov/Assessments/