UPDATE: Testing Spring 2020
The Department of Assessment will modify test administration plans for local assessments within the school year calendar as appropriate. WCSD will follow Nevada Department of Education guidelines regarding state test administrations and update schools as information is made available. See below for information and resources.
• Grades 3-8 & High School > Nevada Online Assessments (DRC INSIGHT) Spring 2020: Nevada received a waiver for administration of spring assessments (Alternate/NAA, Science and Summative/SBAC); read the waiver request and response on the NDE Newsroom webpage, Click HERE
• High School > WCSD Civics Exam (High School):make-up testing options are under review
• High School > College Readiness/Entrance Exams (National)
2019-2020 Assessment Calendars
- Capital Projects (Edwin S. Dodson ES)
- Gerlach K-12
- Incline Schools
- TMCC Magnet
--Check the upper right corner of each calendar for update information.
District Assessments• MAP Growth (Measures of Academic Progress) < Parents, Click to Learn More--Calendar SY 2019-2020, click> Interim Assessment Testing Windows
College Readiness Assessments (High School Students*, District/State)• PSAT/NMSQT < Click to Learn MoreOctober 16, 2019--Pre-SAT (all 10th grade, district-wide); National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (11th grade only, optional)>>Test fee for interested 11th graders, contact school counselor>>Interested in the National Merit Scholarship? Visit: https://www.nationalmerit.org/• ACT with Writing < Click to Learn MoreFebruary 25, 2020 (paper)--Nevada Statewide College and Career Readiness Assessment (all 11th grade)>>Test date and test mode (paper or computer/online) may vary by school.
*Local Homeschooled Students--PSAT/NMSQT, ACT with Writing, AP exams
- PSAT/NMSQT or ACT with Writing - To participate in district and state administrations, contact the school site test coordinator for your zoned high school at the beginning of the school year or at least 4 months prior to the scheduled test date to find out options for registering to test at the selected site.
- Advanced Placement (AP) - No later than the February prior to the AP exam date, review and follow procedures outlined on the CollegeBoard website and contact the local high school where the selected exam will be offered, See: Homeschooled Students
National Assessments, College Entrance/Placement Exams
- ACT National Test Dates, Register: http://www.actstudent.org/
- SAT National Test Dates, Register: https://sat.collegeboard.org/
- Advanced Placement (AP) National Test Dates, Register: contact your school counselor
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Exam Schedule, Register: contact your school counselor
--Assessment administration dates subject to change. Always check the website for the most current exam schedule.
--Students with documented disabilities and English learners--Students requesting new testing accommodations and those with already approved accommodations must work with the school counselor or school test coordinator to request accommodated testing; begin this process 3-4 months prior to the test date (or earlier).