Scholarships, Certifications, Endorsements• Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE)
• National Merit Scholarship; requires participation in PSAT/NMSQT
- UNR - Freshman/First-year Scholarships
- UNLV - Scholarships for New Freshmen
- Silver State Opportunity Grant
National ExaminationsStudents are encouraged to meet with their school counselor to create an academic plan that includes which tests a student will take and when to take each assessment.
Register to Test • Preliminary SAT / National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test
$18 - request fee waiver through school PSAT coordinator– Phone: 866-433-7728
School* Registers Student ACT • ACT Information for Students and Parents
$60 ACT / $85 ACT with Writing– Phone: 319-337-1270⊕ English⊕ Reading⊕ Writing⊕ Science
(View Test Dates)
Nevada Statewide ACT with Writing (See Above) School* Registers Student SAT • Inside the SAT
$55 SAT– Phone: 866-756-7346
⊕ SAT Practice*Use PSAT/NMSQT scores to personalize practice for SAT AP ⊕ Practice Questions (by subject area/test) School* Registers Student
NevadaSelect an area to view related CTE programs (left menu)
⊕ Work Readiness Skills (WRS) School Registers StudentTable Updated 08/2021Testing Accommodations Notes:
- Students with disabilities and English learners must begin the accommodations request process 3-4 months prior to the test date (or earlier). Students requesting new testing accommodations and those with already approved accommodations must work with the school counselor or test coordinator to submit requests for approval.
- Some testing accommodations may not be available during national Saturday administrations of the SAT and ACT.
» Local Homeschooled Students--PSAT/NMSQT, ACT with Writing, AP exams
- PSAT/NMSQT or ACT with Writing - Students in tested grade levels: To participate in district and state administrations, high school students should contact the school site test coordinator for your zoned high school at the beginning of the school year or at least 4 months prior to the scheduled test date to find out options for registering to test at the selected site.
- Advanced Placement (AP) - No later than the February prior to the AP exam date, review and follow procedures outlined on the CollegeBoard website and contact the local high school where the selected exam will be offered, See: Homeschooled Students
» ACT/SAT for Younger Students (Middle/Elementary, under age 13**)**The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act restricts online services from collecting data on children under age 13 through applications like online registration.
Guide to Acronyms
ACT - college readiness/entrance examination administered by ACT, Inc.
AP - Advanced Placement (College Board)
CCR - College and Career Readiness (assessment type or purpose)
CRT - criterion-referenced test
CTE - Career and Technical Education
NV-EOC - Nevada End of Course (final)
NMSQT - National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (College Board)
PSAT - Preliminary SAT (College Board)
SAT - college readiness/entrance examination administered by the College Board