Forms & Links
- Notice of Intent to Homeschool
- Notice of Intent of Homeschooled Child to Participate in Programs and Activities
- Acceptance of Homeschooling Credits for High School Enrollment
- Approved Accredited Associations Websites
- High School Assessments Guide
- Homeschool Testing Codes
- Homeschool Procedures for Course-Sport Participation
- State of Nevada Dept of Education
IMPORTANT INFORMATIONThe following information is intended to assist you in submitting the Notice of Intent to Homeschool for your students, ages 7 to 18. The purpose of the notice is to inform the school district that the student is exempt from compulsory attendance (NRS 392.040 http://www.leg.state.nv.us/nrs/NRS-392.html#NRS392Sec040).Questions?Call Extended Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org
By signing the filing, the parent acknowledges that he/she has control or charge of the student and the legal right to direct the education of the student.Please be advised that public online schools (NorthStar Online, Nevada Virtual Academy, Nevada Connections, etc.) are NOT considered homeschools.Please follow the steps below to file for homeschool:
- Complete a Notice of Intent to Homeschool for each child 7 to 18.
- Attach a basic educational plan as outlined in the Notice of Intent to Homeschool.
- Submit the Notice of Intent to Homeschool and attach an educational plan to Extended Studies
by email at WCSDHomeSchool@washoeschools.net
mail 5450 Riggins Court Suite 5, Reno, NV 89502;
or at the office at 5450 Riggins Court Suite 5, Reno, NV 89502 using our outside locked drop box for 24 hours touch less delivery.
Upon successful completion of the Notice of Intent to Homeschool, you will receive a Receipt of Notice of Intent to Homeschool for your records. This acknowledgement shall be deemed proof of compliance with Nevada's compulsory school attendance law (NRS 392.040 http://www.leg.state.nv.us/nrs/NRS-392.html#NRS392Sec040). Receipts are valid for 15 years for each student for whom you submit a filing.