Special Education Family Action Group
Families and district authentically connect in becoming well-informed, effective partners in developing and implementing learning experiences for students with disabilities.
Opportunity for families with students with disabilities to work directly with the superintendent, district leadership team and staff to bring the family voice to district-level decision-making.
The WCSD Special Education Family Action Committee will provide the Superintendent, district leadership team and staff with the following:
- A family voice to help improve educational outcomes and well-being for students with disabilities.
- Help to identify unmet needs.
- Input on the programs, services, and policies
- A structure for shared decision-making and accountability for the district's strategic plan goals targeting special education populations
Committee Member Expectations:
- Value and respect the diversity of Washoe County School District
- Work cooperatively and respectfully with committee members
- Actively participate in committee plans and tasks
- Serve on the Special Education Family Action Committee for the remainder of the 2022-2023 school year and the 2023-2024 school year
- 2023-24 Special Education FAC Meetings:
- Tuesday, September 5, 2023 - 6:00-7:30 p.m. - Wooster High School
- Wednesday, December 13, 2023 - 6:00-7:30 p.m. - Wooster High School
- Wednesday, April 10, 2024 - 6:00-7:30 - Wooster High School
- Wednesday, May 29, 2024 - 6:00-7:30 - Wooster High School