Adapted Physical Education (APE)
Adapted Physical Education (APE) focuses on assisting students to acquire the functional abilities necessary to adapt to all educational environments and access their educational materials. They help students with daily activities related to participation within the educational environment, facilitate the use of assistive devices (wheelchairs, adaptive seating, etc.) and enhance appropriate physical manipulation.
What assistance do we offer schools?
- Provide Adapted Physical Education (APE) to students whose needs cannot be adequately addressed in the regular physical education program
- Develop, adapt, and implement specialized physical education programs in motor domains
- Service delivery options such as collaboration, consultation, and direct services/specially designed physical education
- Motor assessments
- Program recommendations to IEP teams
- Consultation with case managers, teachers, and/or physical education staff
- Attend IEP meetings as appropriate
- Monitor student progress and provide progress monitoring information to IEP teams
CONTACT: Shannon Urquhart (775) 789-4633 (Message Phone)