Invitation to Apply for Potentially Vacant Trustee Position District E
At its regular public meeting, the WCSD Board of Trustees voted to proactively adopt a process for appointing a qualified person to replace Trustee Dr. Angie Taylor, in the event she is elected to the State Assembly District 27 seat.
An individual may not serve in two elective offices at one time, per Nevada Revised Statute 281.055. The approved process allows for continued representation for the residents of District E.
This replacement process is contingent on the official canvassing of the election results on November 22.
The vacancy will be filled following the below schedule:
- November 8, 2022 – the Board adopts the time and process for applications, application deadlines, interview questions, and the appointment date;
- On or about November 9, 2022 – the solicitation for applications is published in the Reno Gazette Journal;
- 4:30 pm. PST, November 15, 2022 - Application deadline for District E;
- On or about November 22, 2022 – the Board shall reduce qualified applicants for District E to be interviewed at a special meeting of the Board on December 6, 2022;
- On or about November 23, 2022 - and November 30, 2022 – Notice of Appointment for District E is published in the RGJ;
- On or about December 6, 2022 – the Board shall conduct a special meeting to interview and appoint a Trustee to District E.