Nevada Science Assessments
The current Nevada Academic Content Standards for Science (NVACSS) were approved in 2014. Spring 2017 was the first administration of the Nevada Science Criterion-Referenced Tests (CRT) in grades 5 and 8, and the Nevada High School Science assessment aligned to the new academic content standards.
Nevada Department of Education - Science Assessments (Link to NDE)
Nevada Academic Content Standards for Science (Link to NDE)
Content Standards Assessed
- Grade 5--grade level standards
- Grade 8--middle grades standards, 6-8
- High School--Life Science (pdf)
2019 Achievement Level Cut Scores and Reporting
- Cut Score Table 2019 (pdf)
- Sample Student Report 2019 (English/Español, pdf)
- Science Report Interpretive Guide 2019 (English, pdf)
Training and Practice Tests
Online Tools Training (OTT) must be launched using Google Chrome. The OTT provides interactive practice with tools and sample items; matched to the actual test platform.
- If your browser is open in Google Chrome, click >> Online Tools Training (OTT) & Student Tutorials
- If you need to open Google Chrome first >> 1) Open Google Chrome, 2) copy & paste URL into a browser: https://wbte.drcedirect.com/NV