Washoe County School District Requirements for Coaching
- ALL coaches must submit and complete a job application through the WCSD HR Department. Job Opportunities - Application
- ALL coaches must complete #14831 CPR and AED training. PowerSchool (truenorthlogic.com)
- ALL applicants will be fingerprinted (School Police / Fingerprint Office (washoeschools.net) and have a background check through WCSD School Police.
- Fingerprint Hours: 8am-11:30am and 1pm-3:30pm, Days:Monday-Friday
- MUST present two (2) forms of valid government issued ID at the time of fingerprinting.
- Once fingerprints have been returned to the WCSD, and the background has been cleared, the coach and school will be notified. The coach will be given a district coaching badge for the school they are coaching for.
- A coach is not in a "CLEARED" status until they have been issued a WCSD Coaching badge.
- If the fingerprints and/or the background check are not cleared, they are referred to the Labor Relations office to explain the issues involved in them not being able to be hired in the district.
Additional Required Training
Once hired, a coach will NOT receive payment if the following three trainings are not complete.
- Mandated Reporting, Harassment, Bullying Training
Offered by the district as an Office of Civil Rights (OCR) Training Class, should be done prior to the start of the sports season.
To register for the training session click on the link of the training date you prefer. Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email.
All 2023-2024 WCSD coaches are required to take this course prior to the start of their athletic season. Please choose a date of your preference prior to the start of your season to attend this course. This course is only a 1hr training session in person.
- July 20, 2023 - 6:00pm - 7:00pm - McQueen HS Theater -
- July 26, 2023 - 6:00pm - 7:00pm - Hug HS, Theater -
- August 15, 2023 - 6:00pm -7:00pm - Sparks HS Theater -
- August 30, 2023 - 6:00pm - 7:00pm - Spanish Springs HS Theater -
- Sept. 19, 2023 - 6:00pm - 7:00pm - McQueen HS Theater -
- October 11, 2023 - 6:00pm -7:00pm - McQueen HS Theater -
- Nov. 7, 2023 - 6:00pm - 7:00pm - Reno HS Little Theater -
- Dec. 7, 2023 - 6:00pm - 7:00pm - McQueen HS Library
- Jan. 10, 2024 - 6:00pm - 7:00pm - McQueen HS Theater -
- Jan. 24, 2024 - 6:00pm - 7:00pm - McQueen HS Theater -
- Feb. 15, 2024 - 6:00pm - 7:00pm - Galena HS Theater -
Offered by the district via Safeschools, now available as a 1hr. online course.