Washoe County School District Requirements for Coaching
- ALL Coaches must submit and Completed a Coaching application through the WCSD HR Department.
- ALL Coaches must complete CPR/AED Certification
- ALL Applicants will be fingerprinted (click here to schedule appt) and have a background check through WCSD School Police.
- Fingerprint Hours: 8am-11:30am and 1pm-3:30pm, Days:Monday-Friday
- MUST present two (2) forms of valid government issued ID at time of fingerprinting.
- Once fingerprints have been returned to the WCSD, and backgrond has cleared, the coach and school will be notified. The coach will be given a district coaching badge for the school they are coaching for.
- A coach is not a in a "CLEARED" status until they have been issued a WCSD Coaching badge
- If the fingerprints and/or the background check are not cleared, they are referred to the Labor Relations office to explain the issues involved in them not being able to be hired in the district.
Additional Required Training
Once hired a coach will NOT receive payment if the following three trainings are not complete.
- Mandated Reporting, Harassment, Bullying Training
Offered by the district as Office of Civil Rights (OCR) Training Class, should be done prior to the start of the coaching sport season.
To register for the training session click on the link of the training date you prefer. Once registered you will receive a confirmation email.
Dates subject to change:
Fall Coaches OCR registration dates via Zoom
Winter Coaches OCR registration dates via Zoom
Offered by the district via Safeschools, now available as a 1hr. online course.