Vision PlanThe District pays the full premium for eligible employees and their eligible dependents, so there is no premium cost to employees. (Note: Part-time Certified Employees will pay a prorated amount based on their FTE.)
Here is a brief overview of your eye care benefits:
- Eye Examinations - Once every 12 months (from your last date of service)
- Spectacle Lenses - Once every 24 months (from your last date of service)
- Frames - Once every 24 months (from your last date of service)
- Co-payment - $10.00 for the Eye Examination
- There are additional charges for such items as: Blended and/or Oversize lenses; Contact lenses; Progressive lenses; Photochromic or tinted lenses other than pink 1 or 2; coated or laminated lenses; a frame that exceeds the plan allowance; UV protected lenses
For a complete description of the vision benefits available to you, please visit the VSP website at www.vsp.com.
This program has a Preferred Provider list of eye doctors. You do not have to use a Preferred Provider. However, benefits will be paid at a reduced reimbursement schedule if you choose to use a Non-Preferred Provider. To locate a VSP Preferred Provider, please visit the VSP website at www.vsp.com.
Click here for link to VSP Special Offers
- The Washoe County School District website may contain links that lead to resources, video, etc., which is located on servers that are not maintained or controlled by the District. The District is not responsible for the contents of any such referenced websites or for the availability of access to such websites.