Successful completion makes eligible for: any other engagement
Prerequisites: Completion of two Level 2 engagements and facilitator sign off.
1. Combine audio clips resulting in professional music.
2. Integrate software and audio-editing hardware to create quality songs.
3. Research the impact of technology on the music industry.
4. Demonstrate the process of making songs through screen captures, text and photos.
- Share completed music via Depoali IG, website, ETC.
INTRODUCTION: Using PowerPoint, create a title and introduction slide. These slides must have the authors’ first and last names. The objectives must be REWRITTEN IN YOUR OWN WORDS. The presentation must be aesthetically pleasing and grammatically correct.
1. Go to This
2. Watch this tutorial
3. Then watch this tutorial
4. To insert sounds click file explore icon on the bottom of the page, click media library, click sound, click acid loops
5. Create your own beat from scratch (must be 15+ seconds long)
1. Review this Learning Launcher
2. Then watch these 3 videos:
- What is block chain?
4. What are other programs that can be used to build audio other than ACID? Which one do you think we should buy to replace ACID, and why(Or why not?)? Tell us what we would need and how much it would cost.
5. How did we get from blues to hip hop? What is the next genre of music to emerge from hip hop?
6. How do you create a remix without breaking copyright or plagiarism?
1. What do you think is the next technology progression in the music industry?
2. How do you think this progression will impact artist, studios, radio, and consumers?
1. Go to This tutorial
2. Create one 12-bar remix using Acid Music Studio (45+ seconds).
21ST CENTURY SKILLS:
1. Tell us the strengths AND challenges your group faced through this engagement (Collaboration or Critical Thinking).
2. What have you learned about yourself or group using the C chosen?
3. What advice, specific to THIS engagement would you give a group starting to work on it.