Welcome Shaw Families and Friends
Future Spanish Springs High School Students!
IMPORTANT: Shaw 2021-2022 Registration!
It is that time of year again where we need to complete online registration for all students for the 21-22 school year. This is something that needs to be done each Spring to make sure all information is correct regarding addresses, school permissions and to allow us to have a correct number of enrolled students so we can plan appropriately. Please take a few minutes to complete your online registration as soon as possible.
To access your online registration:
• Go to www.washoeschools.net
• Click on Student/Parent tab
• In sub-directory, click on Infinite Campus
• Click on Parent Portal
• Login using your username/password
• When opened, look at the index on left-hand side, click MORE
• Then click Online Registration This will take you through the information we have on file. You will update this information or hit “save and next.”
If you need any assistance or have any questions, please call 425-7777 to speak to our Registrar, Cynthia Meza. If you do not have internet access, you may complete your registration in our main office as well.
Attention Students and Parents: It is time to choose your electives for next year! Please review and fill out the forms below to choose and apply (if necessary) for electives next year.
6th grade elective form https://bit.ly/3wjxUnH
7th grade elective form https://bit.ly/3mcTNjY
8th grade elective form https://bit.ly/3cJq3YU
Yearbook application https://bit.ly/2OknyD4
Student aide application https://bit.ly/39Bz0BG
Leadership application https://bit.ly/3uDaWXF
Coffee with Caitlin:
Next Coffee with Caitlin: Click Here
- Topic: The Pros, Cons, and Myths of Community College
- Guest Speaker: JW– Director of Financial Assistance Western Nevada College
- Location: Zoom
- For those of you who wanted to attend the parent meeting about the importance of mental health but could not make it, we have recorded it and attached the link here. Jake Wiskerchen offers some great tools for improving mental health for our students. We highly recommend that you take the time to watch or even just listen to this video!
Also, here are some additional mental health related resources that Jake provided for those of you who are interested in learning more.
If you need support from our wonderful counselors Click Here or check out their awesome bitmoji classroom here:
We've gone social!
Welcome to Shaw Middle School
Our mission is to educate every middle school student by holding students and faculty accountable to a rigorous standards-based curriculum. Quality instruction, enrichment and remediation that include multiple opportunities for success are provided in a diverse, safe and respectful community that promotes continual academic growth.
From the District...
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page. For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
WCSD Parent Student Handbook
Webmaster | Mark Dorman