MUST SAVE PROJECT SPECIAL WAY TO GET CREDIT
End of the Semester Engagement
1. Reach out in the community
2. Engage with previous work and expand on the knowledge you gained in previous engagements
3. Find STEAM uses outside the classroom
4. Document your learning process
INTRODUCTION: Using PowerPoint, create a title and introduction slide. These slides must have the authors first and last name. The objectives must be REWRITTEN IN YOUR OWN WORDS. The presentation must be aesthetically pleasing and grammatically correct.
1. You have successfully completed 4 major projects in this class (Orientation, Engagement A, B, and C).
2. You must choose one of these projects to dive deeper into the subject matter.
3. You have been selected by McGoogle’s Wal-bucks to improve their company.
4. It is your mission to create one of the following using skills learned in your previous projects:
- A product that can be sold in stores. This product must make a middle schooler’s life easier. You must show how it would function inside and the look of the exterior.
- An experience at their newly built theme park
- An advertisement for their Instagram campaign
- A new lay out for their next animal themed restaurant
1. What are some marketable skills in demand in the current market? What marketable skills do you currently possess?
2. Who is Alex Osborn? What is the engineer design process? What is the importance of it being a cycle rather than a linear concept?
1. What do you think McGoogle’s Wal-bucks, values and what do you think their mission statement (what motivates them) is for their company?
2. How can you use their motivation to guide your design for your project? Should you follow their vision or create and new brand for McGoogle’s Wal-bucks?
1. Show the CEO of McGoogle’s Wal-bucks (A classroom facilitator).
2. They will share what improvements the company is looking for in your design.
3. Listen to the feedback and improve the design for your final presentation.
21ST CENTURY SKILLS:
1. Explained what you learned this semester?
2. What are you interested in learning more about?