Welcome to 6th Grade - Team Morris!!
We look forward to a great new year with you. As you start out you will be given a lot of information at a very fast pace and it may become overwhelming for you, but know that we are here to help. When you have a question or concern, seek out a teacher, staff member, or other students for guidance. Your Mendive Family is here for you and strives to support you on your journey up the LEARNING MOUNTAIN...
We will help in any way we can to help you get familiar with your new surroundings. Please check this page often for updates and important information that will be needed for your success! Welcome to the Mendive Family!
Team Morris Weekly Message:
Hello Team Morris families,
I hope everyone had a wonderful week!
Just a couple of announcements/reminders:
- Every Sunday night is a great time to check your supplies, refill pencils, highlighters, and lined paper.
As this year winds down (just a little over 3 weeks left), please make sure your child is checking their Infinite Campus- making sure they have no missing assignments, tests, quizzes, etc.… Please take advantage of our after-school tutoring/homework support to get caught up or get extra help. Don’t wait until the last week of school to hand in your missing assignments!
- CLASS SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEK OF 5/23/22: Monday: 1-2-3-4, Tuesday: 5-6-1-2, Wednesday: 3-4-5-6, Thursday: 1-2-3 and Friday: 4-5-6
- DOES YOUR CHILD NEED ADDITIONAL HELP COMPLETING ASSIGNMENTS OR SIMPLY NEEDS A QUIET PLACE TO COMPLETE SCHOOL WORK AFTER SCHOOL? AFTER-SCHOOL (2:00PM-3:00PM) HOMEWORK HELP/TUTORING!!!! The following is a list of our teachers that will be in their rooms from 2:00pm-3:00pm (and which days they will be available) to help your child finish homework, answer questions, explain assignments, etc.…Students must sign in and out and must bring schoolwork to work on or receive help
- Ms. Morris (Room 513)- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
- Ms. Graham (Room 515)- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
- Ms. Bell (Room 519)- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
- Team Morris Website: This website should ALWAYS be your 1st stop when looking for information from your teachers! https://www.washoeschools.net/teammorris. Our team website is where you can find:
- Contact information for your four core teachers
- Weekly updates from your teachers
- GoMath link
- Bell’s website link
- The weekly agenda information
- Link to Teams and instructions on how to use.
- Helpful websites for Social Studies
- Any lots more
- 5/27/22- RED, WHITE AND BLUE SPARKS VETERAN’S HOME FUNDRAISER! The Advisory that brings in/raises the most money for our local Sparks Veteran’s Home will receive a donut party! Also, students should show school spirit and wear red, white, and/or blue! The advisory that has the most students wearing red, white and/or blue will receive a sweet treat!
- 5/30/22: NO SCHOOL- MEMORIAL DAY
- 6/1/22: Team Alpha 8th grade Promotion Night (5:30PM-7:00PM)
- 6/2/22: Team Phoenix 8th grade Promotion Night (5:30PM-7:00PM)
Thank you all and have a wonderful weekend.
Ms. Morris, Ms. Medina, Ms. Bell and Ms. Graham
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
El Distrito prohíbe la intimidación, la intimidación cibernética, el acoso, el acoso sexual, la discriminación y / o las represalias en cualquiera de sus programas / actividades educativas, empleo y oportunidades de empleo. Para obtener la declaración completa del Aviso de No Discriminación del Distrito, así como los métodos para abordar preguntas e inquietudes, visite nuestra página de Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility
Para más información visite Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
As always, PLEASE email your teachers if you are confused, can’t find information, struggling navigating the distance learning, etc.… and we will gladly and always help you.
Math - Ms. Graham
ELA - Ms. Bell
Science- Ms. Medina
Social Studies - Ms. Morris