Intro to Adobe Illustrator
Completion makes eligible for: Flash Animation, Illustrator Pro
Prerequisites: Intro to Photoshop
1. Create, draw, and design with Adobe Illustrator.
2. Synthesize skills learned throughout the engagement to develop unique pieces of design.
3. Research Typography and a famous graphical artist.
INTRODUCTION: Using PowerPoint, create a title and introduction slide. These slides must have the authors first and last names. The objectives must be REWRITTEN IN YOUR OWN WORDS. The presentation must be aesthetically pleasing and grammatically correct.
1. Go watch all videos on this link
2. Pick any major company’s logo (examples: Nike, McDonald’s, or Supreme).
3. Design 1- Make a replication in Illustrator of the logo you picked. (Try to recreate the logo on your own)
4. Watch this tutorial
5. Design 2-Take your name and create a logo
1. What is Calligraphy? What is Typography? What’s the difference?
2. Who was Gutenberg? Why was he famous? How did he influence typography?
3. Who is Tolga Girgin? How did he transform the way we think of typography?
1. Do to this site
2. What skills do you think would be needed to create a sticker?
3. Why did you choose these skills over others?
1. Watch this Tutorial
2. Then Watch this tutorial
3. Design 3- Create a piece of text that uses typography, that communicates a message with meaning to the viewer. Go beyond “making it look cool.” Give your work purpose. For example, use a poem or short story you have written and choose a style of font/typography that emphasizes the meaning.
4. Bonus tutorial if you want
21ST CENTURY SKILLS:
1. Choose one of the four C’s and tell us your strengths AND challenges your group faced through this engagement (Collaboration, Communication, Creativity, OR Critical Thinking).
2. What have you learned about yourself or group using the C chosen?
3. What advice would you give a group starting this engagement?