8th graders and families:
Do you want to learn about high school options?
There are many options for high school opportinutues in Washoe County School District. 8th graders are learning about them in their Enrichment classes.
Click on the following links to get more information.
- Signature Academies Signature Academies and CTE / Department Homepage (washoeschools.net) - APPLICATION REQUIRED. This includes AACT High School. First round of application is November 15-January 15. Open House is on Monday. Dec. 6th at AACT.
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) at Reed High School (no application needed) - info starts on page 31 in their course catalog.
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs at Spanish Spings High School (no application needed) - info starts on page 25 in their course catalog.
- GATE Institute Program (Gifted and Talented) magnet program at Hug High School. Applications are required and can be found on the GATE department website.
- ACE High School (Career and Technical Education charter high school) - Home - FAQ - ACE High School
- TMCC High School - 10th-12th grade middle college high school TMCC HS / Home (washoeschools.net)
Welcome to Sky Ranch Middle School Counseling!
We are glad you have come to the Counselor Corner!
Counselors are available during regular school days (7:15-2:45). Please allow 24 hours or the next school day for a reply.
You may email your counselor or you may fill out a request for an appointment and your counselor will get back to you during school hours.
If you have an emergency or a crisis, please call 911 or contact local emergency authorities.
Feeling stressed? Bored? Just want to take a break?
Check out The Sky Ranch Break Room
You can contact your team counselor, play games, find cool apps, even watch puppies play when you need a break from the daily grind!
Children's Mobile Crisis Response Team - Provides crisis intervention and support to Nevada families dealing with a behavioral or mental health crisis
- Call 775-688-1670
- Visit http://www.knowcrisis.com/
Community Health Alliance - Information for families who need health care, but do not have the funds:
- Call 775-329-6300
- Visit https://www.chanevada.org/
Crisis Support Services of Nevada - It is normal to feel anxious at times like this. If you or someone you know is struggling and needs help:
- Call 1-800-273-8255 or the local number 775-784-8090,
- Text LISTEN to 839863
- Check out the website at www.cssnv.org
- Staff and volunteers are here 24/7/365.
Emergencies, call 9-1-1. For non-emergencies:
- Washoe County Sheriff’s Office 775-328-3001
- City of Reno Police 775-324-2121
- City of Sparks Police 775-353-2231
Nevada 211 - Find help 24/7 by:
- Dialing 2-1-1
- Texting 898-211
- Visiting www.nevada211.org
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
El Distrito prohíbe la intimidación, la intimidación cibernética, el acoso, el acoso sexual, la discriminación y / o las represalias en cualquiera de sus programas / actividades educativas, empleo y oportunidades de empleo. Para obtener la declaración completa del Aviso de No Discriminación del Distrito, así como los métodos para abordar preguntas e inquietudes, visite nuestra página de Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility
Para más información visite Civil Rights Compliance Department page.