Depoali Middle School Band Program - Daniel Barthel, Director
INTERMEDIATE BAND FESTIVAL TRIP TO UNR: Tues, 3/19 (required)
- Overview: Students are to come to the band room after 1st period with their instrument, music, and sack lunch. We will depart Depoali by bus at 9:30am to head to UNR. We perform for festival at 11:45am in Nightingale Concert Hall, Church Fine Arts Building. We'll depart UNR around 1:15pm to head back to Depoali. We will be back before the end of the school day.
- Uniform: light blue band polo shirt with black pants/socks/shoes
- ->Students will need a sack lunch to eat at UNR this day<-
- Parents are welcome to come watch - FREE! (Park on the bottom level of Brian Whalen Parking Garage where you can pay to park then walk south to Church Fine Arts building)
- Use this link to chaperone
FULL LISTING OF CONCERTS/EVENTS FOR 18-19 SCHOOL YEAR
6th Grade Required Events
- Thurs, 5/23: Spring Concert, 1:15pm (Depoali Gym)
Intermediate/Advanced/Jazz Band Events (all are required unless indidated as optional)
- Mon/Tues, 3/18 & 3/19: WCSD Band Festival at UNR (times above)
- Thurs-Sat, April 4-6: Nevada All State MS Band (optional-for those who make it in)
- Sat, 4/27: Reno Jazz Festival (8:30am-5:00pm)
- Thurs, 5/2: Chaperone meeting for all Six Flags & Disney chaperones (6:30pm)
- Sat, 5/4: Intermediate Band Six Flags Trip (6:30am-11:45pm)
- Tues, 5/7: Disney trip Full Group Meeting (6:30pm, required for all attending the Disney Trip)
- Wed-Sat, May 8-11: Advanced Band Disney Trip
- Wed, 5/22: After School Intermediate Band Rehearsal (1:15-3:30pm)
- Thurs, 5/23: Intermediate/Advanced/Jazz Spring Concerts (evening)
SUMMER MUSIC CAMPS:
-LAKE TAHOE MUSIC CAMP: June 30- July 6 (South Lake Tahoe) https://www.unr.edu/ltmc (Mr. B and Mrs.
B run this one!). Check out this webpage for info about scholarship opportunities for camp!
-RENO POPS MUSIC CAMPS: http://www.renopops.org/summer-music-camp
-CAZADERO MUSIC CAMP: Various Dates in July. Near the Bay Area http://www.cazadero.org/index.php
-DONNER MINE MUSIC CAMP: (in Nevada City area) http://www.dmmc.org/index.html
6TH GRADE BAND - Friday Class
Friday, March 22nd will be an A Day (Trumpet, Trombone, Baritone)
BAND ABSENCE MAKE-UP WORK POLICY
If a student misses class they must make up the missed playing time by coming in at lunch or after school to practice or by practicing at home and video recording and then sending a link to the video upload to Mr. B (ex: private YouTube link). Students will practice their practice assignment as that is what we work on in class as well. The time required will be 20 minutes for missing a regular day or 40 minutes for a block day. Students have the amount of days absent plus one to complete the make-up work and have the absence cleared (per WCSD policy).
CHECK YOUR INFINITE CAMPUS MESSAGE SETTINGS
*Make sure your Infinite Campus settings allow teacher messages to go straight to your email. Mr. B uses this often for communication (as do many other teachers). Click here for instructions about how to make sure you have this setting enabled.