Depoali Middle School Band Program - Daniel Barthel, Director
Jazz Band After School Rehearsal: Tuesday, Feb 4 2:00-3:30pm (required)
-This is to help us prepare for our concert on Feb 8.
Jazz Band Trip to 'Jazz in the Schools' Event at UNR: Sat, Feb 8 from 8:30am-6:00pm (required from 8:30-11:15am)
-We'll meet at Depoali and then travel to UNR to perform on Nightingale Stage and then receive a clinic and watch other bands. Parents may check students out after our clinic (11:15am) or students may stay the whole day. A pizza lunch will be provided. We will end our day by stopping by the student union for snacks and then we'll watch the Reno Jazz Orchestra! We'll be back at school at 6:00pm.
-Performance Times. Jazz Band = 9:55am, Jazz Combo = 1:30pm
-Full Event Schedule (lists all performing groups)
-Uniform: Band polo shirt (light blue) tucked in to black pants with black socks/shoes
-Bring: instrument, music, snack money
-Chaperones needed: use this link to volunteer
See below for all band events scheduled for this school year! (19-20)
FULL LISTING OF CONCERTS/EVENTS FOR 19-20 SCHOOL YEAR
6th Grade Required Events
- Wednesday, 3/11/20: Zone Concert, 7:00PM (All-6:30 student arrival)- Damonte Ranch HS Gym
- Thursday 5/21/20: Spring Concert, 1:20pm- Depoali Gym
Intermediate/Advanced/Jazz Band Events (all are required unless indicated as optional)
- Tues, 2/4: Jazz Band After School Rehearsal (2-3:30pm)
- Sat, 2/8: Jazz Band Trip to UNR 'Jazz in the Schools' Event (8:30am-6pm)
- Wed, 3/4: Advanced Band trip to UNR for Clinic & Pizza Dinner! (11am-5:00pm)
- Thurs, 3/5: Intermediate Band After school Rehearsal & Pizza Dinner! (2-5:30pm)
- Fri, 3/6: Intermediate Band Festival Trip to UNR (9:30am-1:50pm)
- Sat, 3/7: Advanced Band Festival Trip to North Valleys HS (9am-1:30pm)
- Wed, 3/11: Zone Concert at Damonte (required for all except Jazz - 7pm, 6:30pm arrival time)
- Sat, 4/25: Reno Jazz Festival Field Trip to UNR (8am-5pm)
- Thurs, 4/30: Chaperone meeting for all Six Flags & Disney Trip chaperones (6:30pm)
- Sat, 5/2: Intermediate Band Six Flags Trip (6:00am-11:45pm)
- Tues, 5/5: Disney trip Full Group Meeting & Luggage Drop Off (6:30pm, required for all students attending the Disney Trip + one parent/guardian)
- Wed-Sat, May 6-9: Advanced Band Disney Trip!
- Thurs, 5/14: Spring Jazz Band Concert with Damonte (6pm in the Depoali Amphitheater - for Jazz students)
- Wed, 5/20: After School Intermediate Band Rehearsal (1:15-3:30pm)
- Thurs, 5/21: Intermediate & Advanced Band Spring Concerts (5:30 & 6:30pm)
6TH GRADE BAND - Friday Class
Friday, January 24th is an A Day for electives (Trumpet, Trombone, Baritone)
BAND ABSENCE MAKE-UP WORK POLICY
If a student misses class they must make up the missed playing time by coming in at lunch or after school to practice or by practicing at home and video recording and then sending a link to the video upload to Mr. B (ex: private YouTube link). Students will practice their practice assignment as that is what we work on in class as well. The time required will be 20 minutes for missing a regular day or 40 minutes for a block day. Students have the amount of days absent plus one to complete the make-up work and have the absence cleared (per WCSD policy).
CHECK YOUR INFINITE CAMPUS MESSAGE SETTINGS
*Make sure your Infinite Campus settings allow teacher messages to go straight to your email. Mr. B uses this often for communication (as do many other teachers). Click here for instructions about how to make sure you have this setting enabled.