Depoali Middle School Band Program - Daniel Barthel, Director
WHAT DO I DO FOR BAND CLASS & ASSIGNMENTS?
- A & B Groups: You will need to access your virtual assignments for all classes on your home days and complete these by 2pm so we can enter your attendance. Band assignments can be found on the Band Learning Calendar.
- Full Distance Learning Group: You will access band class on B Days during your class time using Teams video (Here is our school bell schedule). Go into Teams, select your band class, click on the 'Posts' tab, and click 'Join Video'. On A Days you'll complete the band virtual assignments that can be found on the Band Learning Calendar
Instrument Virtual Boot Camps!
- Overview: these events will take place on Zoom and will pair experienced students up with beginners. Experienced students will help out the beginners to make sure they get started on the right foot. Mr. Barthel will send out Zoom links through IC and Teams the day before each event. Please plan to attend as this will be fun and helpful!
- Boot camps dates/times
- Flute: Mon, Sept 14 from 3-4pm
- Clarinet: Tues, Sept 15 from 3-4pm
- Trumpet: Wed, Sept 16 from 3-4pm
- Trombone/Baritone: Thurs, Sept 17 from 3-4pm
Back to School 'To-Do' List for Band:
- Instrument rentals/purchase: complete the rental request form if you want to rent a school instrument. If you're going to rent/buy one on your own, you are welcome to do that as well. I'd be happy to check what you're getting before you purchase, just send me a link. Here's a link to more info about getting an instrument & a list of local music stores who rent instruments.
- Supplies: You’ll need to purchase supplies for your instrument. See the Band Supply List so you know what to get. You can purchase them through the band (cheaper/easier), in a store or online. Here are the supply order forms that you should send in with payment (you can print these at home and I have copies avaialble at school to send home as well):
- Band fee: All band fees are $10. We are now ready to accept payments! Please try to send in band fee payment along with your supply and/or rental payments (using the forms linked directly above)
CHECK YOUR INFINITE CAMPUS MESSAGE SETTINGS
*Make sure your Infinite Campus settings allow teacher messages to go straight to your email. Mr. B uses this often for communication (as do many other teachers). Click here for instructions about how to make sure you have this setting enabled.