ORIENTATION LEVEL I
Completion makes eligible for: Level 1 Engagements
1. Use STEAM Notebook to design 3D “space”
2. Use skills in tutorials to develop 3D model in SketchUp
3. Use the Engineering Design Cycle to construct a "space" in which to base your SketchUp
4. Document the creation process by using PowerPoint.
INTRODUCTION: Using PowerPoint, create a title and introduction slide. These slides must have the authors first and last name. The objectives must be REWRITTEN IN YOUR OWN WORDS. The presentation must be aesthetically pleasing and grammatically correct.
1. Using the strategies you learned from the Frank Gehry to create a sketch in your STEAM Notebook of a build or “space”.
2. Label the parts of your space to what they are (example…this is a window, that is a door)
3. Explain the purpose of the space and where this space would be built
4. Take pictures of your notebook and put into your PowerPoint
5. In search Windows, search for “SketchUp”
6. Watch this tutorial for help in SketchUp
7. Using the PrtScrn (print screen) button on your keyboard, take several screen captures to document your work of building the house.
1. Find 3 other 3 dimensional design programs
2. What these programs are used for.
3. What kinds of careers use 3-D design programs?
4. What educational pathways prepare students to work in 3-D design?
1. How does using 3-D design programs help you solve problems when building your 3D Model?
2. How did your design change from Field Notebook to SketchUp to 3D Model?
1. Using the sketch in your notebook AND your SketchUp design, create a physical 3D Model using the materials around the room
21ST CENTURY SKILLS:
1. Choose one of the four C’s and tell us the strengths AND challenges your group faced through this engagement (Collaboration, Communication, Creativity, OR Critical Thinking).
2. What have you learned about yourself or group using the C chosen?
3. What advice, for this engagement, would you give a group starting this engagement?