Successful completion makes eligible for: All
1. Use safe lab practices when working with sensitive equipment.
2. Create a safety PSA
3. Develop problem-solving skills while building complex systems using lasers.
4. Understand the importance of laser technology.
5. Document your learning process
INTRODUCTION: Using PowerPoint, create a title and introduction slide. These slides must have the authors first and last name. The objectives must be REWRITTEN IN YOUR OWN WORDS. The presentation must be aesthetically pleasing and grammatically correct.
1. Familiarize yourself with the Laser kit and the safety procedures
2. View and read this learning launcher.
3. Create a 1 minute video using this tutorial on YouTube editor
4. Your video must share how to safely handle laser and the importance laser safety.
1. What is Law of Conservation of Energy? How does it apply to a laser alarm system? What energy forms are created through this process?
2. Create a diagram to explain your answers
1. How do you think a light saber would work?
2. What would stop it from going up for eternity? Why would the users hands not over heat? How strong of a laser would the blade have to be?
3. Consider this
1. Build a basic laser that shoots from one point to another and record the power of the laser in appropriate units
2. Develop a security perimeter using the lasers and mirrors
21ST CENTURY SKILLS:
1. Choose one of the four C’s and tell us the strengths AND challenges your group faced through this engagement (Collaboration, Communication, Creativity, OR Critical Thinking).
2. What have you learned about yourself or group using the C chosen?
3. What advice, specific to THIS engagement would you give a group starting this engagement