Successful completion makes eligible for: Bridge Design, NXT Painting with Sphero
Prerequisites: Scratch, Illustrator, Animation, Stop Motion
1. Discover the use of coding
2. Research the significance of coding
3. Program a robot
4. Document your learning process
INTRODUCTION: Using PowerPoint, create a title and introduction slide. These slides must have the authors first and last names. The objectives must be REWRITTEN IN YOUR OWN WORDS. The presentation must be aesthetically pleasing and grammatically correct.
1. Check out a Sphero, IPad (only if you do not have your own phone), and a Sphero Kit
1a. If you are using your own phone we ask you download the Sphero app. If you are using the IPad the ask a facilitator for the access code.
2. Using the kit, chairs and other items in the STEAM lab you must create an obstacle course.
3. Each time Sphero goes through the course it must take LESS THAN 60 seconds to complete.
4. Sphero must go through the course 3 TIMES
- Trail 1 you must use- Driving
- Trail 2 you must use- Draw program
- Trail 3 you must use- Block program
4a. To do this, open up the Sphero edu app on the Ipad. From the Home screen, choose one of the programs to view. Select View Program. Next, go to the Programs page, and click on the + sign in the lower right hand corner. Name your program, choose the Program Type, and tap Create.
5. Make sure to screen shot your programing so we can see it. Also, video Sphero completing the course.
1. How are the different kinds of Sphero useful for different users?
2. Who were the creators of Sphero? Why did they create sphero, who did they create it for?
3. What other major projects are the creators of Sphero famous for?
4. What is block coding? Who invented block coding?
1. You are trying to convince the principal that we need more Spheros in our school. Give 3 arguments and ideas for how Sphero could improve our school.
1. Go to this Site
2. Create a text program in Sphero for sphero to complete your obstacle course autonomously. Screen shot your program, and video record your sphero running the course.
3. Have Sphero complete the course with your text program.
21ST CENTURY SKILLS:
1. Choose one of the four C’s and tell us the strengths AND challenges your group faced through this engagement (Collaboration, Communication, Creativity, OR Critical Thinking).
2. What have you learned about yourself or group using the C chosen?
3. What advice, specific to THIS engagement would you give a group starting this engagement