1980’s game design
Successful completion makes eligible for: NXT Robotic or Bridge Design
Prerequisites: Intro to stop motion or Photoshop 2
1. Plan, design, and test a computer game using the Stencyl software.
2. Research the history of videogames
3. Document your learning process
INTRODUCTION: Using PowerPoint, create a title and introduction slide. These slides must have the authors first and last name. The objectives must be REWRITTEN IN YOUR OWN WORDS. The presentation must be aesthetically pleasing and grammatically correct.
1. Go to Student resource on the STEAM website
2. Do the “save to stencyl”
3. Do the “stencil crash course”
4. Read Getting started and Crash Course
5. Complete challenge 3 and 4 (hint: reading the articles from chapters 2,3, and 4 will help you complete the challenges).
6. Screen shot your progress through the challenges
1. What is tweening?
2. What was the first at home video game console? What was this console’s most popular game?
3. What are tile sets?
1. How is physics used in video games?
2. How do video games use the laws of motion?
1. Follow Crash Course 2
2. Create a brand new game
3. Export it to desktop
21ST CENTURY SKILLS:
1. Choose one of the four C’s and tell us the strengths AND challenges your group faced through this engagement (Collaboration, Communication, Creativity, OR Critical Thinking).
2. What have you learned about yourself or group using the C chosen?
3. What advice, specific to THIS engagement would you give a group starting this engagement