NXT LEGO ROBOTICS
Successful completion makes eligible for: All other engagements
1. Build and program a robot
2. Research the history of robotics
3. Complete a robotic challenge
4. Document the learning process
INTRODUCTION: Using PowerPoint, create a title and introduction slide. These slides must have the authors first and last names. The objectives must be REWRITTEN IN YOUR OWN WORDS. The presentation must be aesthetically pleasing and grammatically correct.
1. Check out This Learning Launcher will help
2. Check out an NXT Kit
3. Go to this website
4. Pick a project, build it, program it.
5. Modify your build to use a sensor (sonar, touch, light, or sound) that is not currently in the build
1. Provide a definition of the term "Robot". When was it first used?
2. What “robots” were used before the 1600’s?
3. How are robots and AI different?
1. Compare each port of the brick to the human body.
2. Compare each sensor and motor to the human body.
3. How is firmware, software, and hardware like the human body?
1. Watch this video
2. Design and program a robot that must drive around a table, pick up a ball, and drive back.
21ST CENTURY SKILLS:
1. Choose one of the four C’s and tell us the strengths AND challenges your group faced through this engagement (Collaboration, Communication, Creativity, OR Critical Thinking).
2. What have you learned about yourself or group using the C chosen?
3. What advice, specific to THIS engagement would you give a group starting this engagement