Welcome toO'Brien STEM Academy!
Proud home of the Lions!We are excited about the wonderfully, positive things happening here at school!Check back often for updates!
Hello O'Brien Lions!
DIGITAL LEARNING EXTENDED THROUGH 4/30
With the uncertain times surrounding Covid-19 there is an abundance of information being shared. The best location for you to find information regarding school updates is the District Website.
Distance Learning begins on Wednesday, April 1st. (No really! We do! I promise this isn't an April Fool's joke!) Staff members will be reaching out to you via phone calls, text messages, email, snail mail, Teams and Zoom (to name a few). Our goal is to positively help you and your child navigate this new and uncharted territory together.
For families who do not have internet services, the community has a few ideas to help. Please check out this list!
- Comcast - Comcast is offering an internet essentials package for FREE (Links to an external site). To sign up for a free internet essentials package for 60 days, applicants can simply visit: www.internetessentials.com (Links to an external site). The accessible website also includes the option to video chat with customer service agents in ASL. There are also two dedicated phone numbers: 855-846-8376 for English and 855-765-6995 for Spanish.
- Spectrum - Spectrum is offerring FREE internet access for students (Links to an external site). Beginning March 16, Spectrum is offering free internet for 60 days to households with K-12 or college students who don't already have a Spectrum subscription. To enroll, call 844-488-8395
- Charter - Charter is offering free internet for two months (Links to an external site).
- AT&T - AT&T COVID-19 response (Links to an external site). AT&T will offer open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers and $10/month plans to low-income families.
- Verizon - Verizon (Links to an external site) does have special offers but is following the FCC agreement.
- Sprint - Sprint (Links to an external site) is following the FCC agreement, providing unlimited data to existing customers and starting Tuesday 3/17/2020 will allow all handsets to enable hot spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- T-Mobile - T-Mobile (Links to an external site) is following the FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
Digital access to the learning material is now available by clicking here. The district is also providing for paper packet pickup. Locations and times can be found here. Just remember to maintain appropriate social distancing when you pick up your materials!
Unsure how to access Teams - click here for instructions!
If you need free meals, please visit here for times and locations to help support you and your family.
There is a TON of information available. Lost? Stuck? Unsure of what you need to do? Then PLEASE contact us! We are here to support each other.
Our hearts are with YOU! Stay in touch - digitally please!
Hello current 5th grade students from Lemmon Valley!In order to prepare for next school year, please complete the form by clicking HERE prior to April 16th. Music is a requirement for 6th grade at O'Brien. And you will NOT be turned away if cost is an issue. Dream big! Follow your passion. Try something new!We can't wait to meet you in August.
The O'Brien community empowers all student to be compassionate and productive citizens who are life-long learners.
Parents, students and staff work hard daily to practice and develop leadership skills.
From the District...
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page. For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
WCSD Parent Student Handbook