Introduction to Photoshop
Completion makes eligible for: Photoshop 2, Illustrator
1. Take, edit, enhance, and manipulate four photos with Adobe Photoshop.
2. Use online tutorials to develop photo editing skills.
3. Synthesize skills learned throughout the engagement as you develop unique pieces of art.
4. Research the history of photography and connections to STEM.
5. Create a PowerPoint to document work
INTRODUCTION: Using PowerPoint, create a title and introduction slide. These slides must have the authors first and last name. The objectives must be REWRITTEN IN YOUR OWN WORDS. The presentation must be aesthetically pleasing and grammatically correct.
1. Go to start Menu. Search “Photoshop”.
2. Go to this website
3. Complete lessons and videos 1 through 4
4. Go to this different website
5. Complete and watch all lessons and videos on this page
6. Photo 1- Take a photo of your group (watch this video to know what a good photo looks like)
7. With the photo of your group and the skills learned in the tutorials edit and enhance the photo as if it were going to be for a magazine picture
8. Go to this different different website
9. Photo 2- Take a picture of the school
10. Add layers to the picture of the school for and advertisement to show new students (who are checking us out online before coming in person. Pretend there is a student moving from Florida and can only see this one photo.) what Depoali is all about? What thoughts, feelings, and enviroment do you want them to have when they see your photo about our school?
1. How has technology impacted photography throughout history?
2. What careers use photography?
3. Look up these photographers: Barbara Kruger, Timothy O’Sullivan, Ansel Adam, Annie Leibovitz, Dorthea Laruge, Cindy Sherman, Man Ray
4. Pick one of the photographers from above that spoke to you. How did they inspire you? What about their work did you find interesting? What about their work would influence you to change your own work?
1. What is the real world importance of photography?
2. How do engineers uses photography in their line of work? When would Photoshop be useful for them?
1. Watch the video
2. Create Photos 3 and 4 can be whatever you imagine can think of (school appropriate). Photos 3 and 4 must use the skills learned in the tutorial
21ST CENTURY SKILLS:
1. Choose one of the four C’s and tell us your strengths and challenges your group faced through this engagement (Collaboration, Communication, Creativity, OR Critical Thinking).
2. What have you learned about yourself or group using the C chosen?
3. What advice would you give a group starting this engagement?