Internship and Field Experience
Thank you for your interest in completing your field experiences within Washoe County School District! While we primarily work with aspiring teachers, counselors and school leaders, we are happy to work with you and your college to make additional internship opportunities available.Internship Requirements
- Complete a WCSD certified application before beginning internship
- Apply for a substitute teaching license through the Nevada Department of Education
- Attend the WCSD Student Orientation
- Fingerprint as a guest (substitute) teacher in the district office. You will be charged $58.50, which will come out of your first paycheck.
- Purchase professional liability insurance in the amount of $1,000,000
- In order to complete an internship in WCSD, you must be signed up through a college or university
- Notify your college if you have a request for placement in WCSD
- Your college will contact HR with your internship information and requests
Employment in WCSDWCSD encourages all student interns to apply for employment in WCSD. Please complete the following:
- Complete or update your WCSD certified application
- Include confidential references from your lead teacher and college supervisor
- Paid interns: include confidential references from your college supervisor, school mentor, district mentor, and school administrator
- Upload your mid-term student teaching evaluation on the "Attachments" page of your application
- HR will review your application
- Learn more about the hiring process
LicensureTo apply for an educator's license, please complete the following:
- Request two official transcripts when your degree posts
- Send one with your application for teacher licensure
- Bring the other to WCSD when you are hired
- Click here to apply online
If you are an out-of-state student intern, please contact Dr. Janet Pulleyn to begin the process for internship in WCSD. Her contact info is below.
For questions regarding university partnerships with the Washoe County School District, please contact:Staffing Coordinator
Coordinator for University Partnerships(775) 325-2075
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
El Distrito prohíbe la intimidación, la intimidación cibernética, el acoso, el acoso sexual, la discriminación y / o las represalias en cualquiera de sus programas / actividades educativas, empleo y oportunidades de empleo. Para obtener la declaración completa del Aviso de No Discriminación del Distrito, así como los métodos para abordar preguntas e inquietudes, visite nuestra página de Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility
Para más información visite Civil Rights Compliance Department page.