Special Education Options Program
Thank you for your interest in our Special Education Options Program! This program allows a teacher to work as a Special Education teacher while obtaining a Special Education license.
In order to be eligible for this program, you must:
- Have already completed six credits in Special Education or a related field
- Bring in unofficial transcripts for a review
- Send a confidential reference to your current administrator
- Attach your most current evaluation to the "Attachments" page of your application
- Interview with a Special Education administrator or school administrator
- Sign a contract to complete coursework within a three-year time period
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact:Staffing Coordinator(775) 325-2016
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.