Welcome to the Intervention Department
The Washoe County School District Intervention Department's supports the district's promise to know every student by name, strength, and need by working in partnership with students, families, schools, and community agencies to ensure the success of all students. We work to identify and remove barriers that cause chronic absenteeism and build resiliency with children and families.
The Intervention Department is comprised of the following programs:
- Attendance: provides guidance, policies, and supports to build and maintain good attendance habits for all students. Doug Taylor, 775-337-9932
- Children in Transition & Foster Support: services for students and families who are identified as homeless, and children in foster care. Colin Usher, 775-353-6938
- Family Resource Centers: resources and services for children, parents, and senior citizens in the community. 775-204-1408
- Re-engagement Program: services for students who dropped from school prematurely or who are not enrolled in school.
- Chronic Absenteeism and Truancy Intervention: services for students who are habitually truant or chronically absent from school.
Go to the Student Accounting Department web page for student records, transcripts, registration, variances, etc.
Rechelle Murillo, MSW, LSW
Director, Intervention Department
Children in Transition Program Coordinator
Family Resource Centers
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.
El Distrito prohíbe la intimidación, la intimidación cibernética, el acoso, el acoso sexual, la discriminación y / o las represalias en cualquiera de sus programas / actividades educativas, empleo y oportunidades de empleo. Para obtener la declaración completa del Aviso de No Discriminación del Distrito, así como los métodos para abordar preguntas e inquietudes, visite nuestra página de Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility
Para más información visite Civil Rights Compliance Department page.