Re-Engagement Intervention Program
Mission: The Re-engagement Program's primary mission is to provide youth with a safe, caring and responsive environment that develops and fosters a sense of school engagement. Support services and case management focuses on ensuring success for the entire family unit.
- Staff/students/families work together in relationships based on equality and respect.
- Staff enhances student and families’ capacity to support their growth and development educationally and otherwise.
- Student/family support is strength based, building on existing individual, family, community and cultural abilities and vitalities.
- Programs are embedded in their communities and contribute to the community-building process.
- Programs advocate with students/families for services and systems that are fair, responsive, and accountable to the student/families served.
- To locate youth who have vanished from school
- To identify barriers to attendance and provide case management through resource referrals, mentoring and advocacy
- To increase student engagement
- To enroll students back into a school setting within 45 days of intake date
- To improve the ‘stick rate’ of students to be defined as those students who work with Re-engagement to get enrolled and ensure they will then be enrolled the next year
- To assess academic needs and determine an appropriate education setting
- To increase attendance rates for enrolled students