SEL Resources for Families:
Sandford Harmony - The Sanford Harmony Online Learning Portal provides PreK-6th grade teachers with everything they need to successfully integrate Harmonys’ social-emotional learning program into the classroom, including training, lessons, activities, videos, stories, games, and songs. Create a free account and have access to all materials necessary to help support the social and emotional needs of your students. Be sure to explore the Harmony at Home link to support your families.
- Harmony at Home - an online toolkit for educators, families, and caregivers to teach vital social emotional learning (SEL) skills using the strategies Sanford Programs has developed for classroom teachers
Scholastic Learning At Home – Day-by-day projects to keep kids thinking, learning, and growing.
Science Buddies – Science lessons you can complete at home with minimal resources.
Common Sense Media - A website that explores media that surrounds students and children. Includes: book reviews, movie reviews, topical discussions on media and cellular devices, resources for age groups and information for parents, educators, and advocates.
CASEL Guide for Parents and Caregivers - Collaborative for Academic Social Emotional Learning’s (CASEL) guide for parents and caregivers on managing stress, positive mindsets, and healthy practices during COVID-19.
Go Noodle - Strategies for Nuturing Kind, Supportive and Emotionally Aware Kids – Tips, games, and articles for supporting kids’ emotional well-being.
Greater Good (UC Berkley) – Quizzes, videos, podcasts and tips on well-being for all ages.
- How School Closures Can Strengthen Families – Here are three ways you can cope if your student’s school closes.
- Clear Your Mind After Stressful Moments - Pixar’s Pete Docter show us how to be mindful and reset our minds after a stressful day.
- Connection to Humanity- Take a quiz on “connectedness with your community.”
- Relationships - Articles, videos and tips for self-care to benefit you and others around you during COVID-19.
- Keys to Well-Being – Compassion, diversity, empathy, happiness… all pieces of well-being. Greater Goods’ 10 building blocks of individual and community well-being.
- Greater Good Video Archive - Access great videos about well-being, parenting, and positive mindfulness.
- Greater Good Quiz Archive - Increase your self-awareness by completing UC Berkeley’s science-based quizzes.
- Greater Good Family/Parenting Archive - Family and parenting strategies to help create a positive home environment.
New York Academy of Medicine- Coloring is a great way to give your brain a break, allow it to reset and relieve stress when adverse situations arise. Free, printable coloring books for all ages to minimize stress from universities across the country.
Sanford Harmony– Choose a program to access SEL lessons and at home activities for children.
NBC Parent Toolkit– Explore lessons, videos and activities for the emotional wellbeing of kids from all ages (pre-k to after high school).