SEL Resources for High School:
- EQ in your PJS - Managing Stress Before It Manages You (4-part video series about stress management).
- Anxiety Explained For Teens – A video that explains why anxiety happens, your freeze, flight and fight responses.
- TED talk: Stress Management – Dr. Kelly McGonigal explains how to manage stress.
- Game: Manage Stress Before it Manages You – Kahoot! Game that reviews and applies stress management skills and topics.
Choose Love – Check out Scarlett Lewis’ Choose Love Movement and learn about compassion, forgiveness, courage, and gratitude.
- Daily Dose of Love – Sign up for daily emails that provide inspirational quotes and journaling ideas.
- Action Plan Calendars – Arranged by topic (gratitude, compassion, courage, forgiveness); apply the choose love formula daily with simple social emotional learning practices.
- Podcasts – Listen to Scarlett Lewis delivers powerful conversations on why courage, compassion, gratitude, forgiveness, and mindfulness are important life skills.
- Webinars – Engage in informational videos about the Choose Love Formula.
- Calming Moments/Strategies – Practice developing your skills in becoming more mindful; or take a break to breathe throughout your day.
Greater Good (UC Berkeley) - Quizzes, videos, podcasts and tips for well-being for all ages
- Why Activism is Natural for Young People? - Powerful article about how youth can lead the change of the world and create a different future.
New York Academy of Medicine- Coloring is a great way to give your brain a break, allow it to reset and relieve stress when adverse situations arise. Free, printable coloring books for all ages to minimize stress from universities across the country.
NBC Parent Toolkit– Explore lessons, videos and activities for the emotional wellbeing of kids from all ages (pre-k to after high school).
- Academics - core curriculum reinforced through puzzles, videos, games and lessons.