SEL Resources for Elementary School:
Sandford Harmony - The Sanford Harmony Online Learning Portal provides PreK-6th grade teachers with everything they need to successfully integrate Harmonys’ social-emotional learning program into the classroom, including training, lessons, activities, videos, stories, games, and songs. Create a free account and have access to all materials necessary to help support the social and emotional needs of your students. Be sure to explore the Harmony at Home link to support your families.
- Harmony at Home - an online toolkit for educators, families, and caregivers to teach vital social emotional learning (SEL) skills using the strategies Sanford Programs has developed for classroom teachers
Imagine Neighborhood – Podcasts where students use their imagination to talk about things that matter.
Committee For Children- Elementary – Learn about social emotional learning with your youngsters.
Choose Love – Check out Scarlett Lewis’ Choose Love Movement and learn about compassion, forgiveness, courage, and gratitude.
- Daily Dose of Love – Sign up for daily emails that provide inspirational quotes and journaling ideas.
- Action Plan Calendars – Arranged by topic (gratitude, compassion, courage, forgiveness); apply the choose love formula daily with simple social emotional learning practices.
- Podcasts – Listen to Scarlett Lewis deliver powerful conversations on why courage, compassion, gratitude, forgiveness, and mindfulness are important life skills.
- Webinars – Engage in informational videos about the Choose Love Formula.
- Calming Moments/Strategies – Practice developing your skills in becoming more mindful; or take a break to breathe throughout your day.
Family Go Noodle – Games, apps, and entertaining ways for kids to release some energy in a healthy and positive way!
Greater Good (UC Berkeley) - Quizzes, videos, podcasts and tips on well-being for all ages.
- Train Your Brain to Be Kinder - Video about creating kind thoughts.
New York Academy of Medicine - Coloring is a great way to give a brain break, allow it to reset and relieve stress when adverse situations arise. Free, printable coloring books to minimize stress from universities across the country for all ages.
NBC Parent Toolkit– Explore lessons, videos and activities for the emotional wellbeing of kids from all ages (pre-k to after high school).
- Academics - core curriculum reinforced through puzzles, videos, games and lessons.