Welcome to the Intervention Department
The Washoe County School District Intervention Department's mission is to work in partnership with students, families, schools, and community agencies to ensure the success of all students by helping to identify and remove barriers that cause chronic absenteeism, and build resiliency with children and families.
The Intervention Department is comprised of the following programs:
- Children in Transition: services for students and families who are identified as homeless, and for children in foster care
- Family Resource Centers: resources and services for children, parents and senior citizens in the community
- Re-engagement Program: services for students who dropped from school prematurely or who are not enrolled in school
- Truancy Intervention: services for students who are truant or at risk of becoming habitually truant
- Student Attendance Review Board (SARB) and Elementary Student Attendance Review Board (ESARB): two interdisciplinary teams comprised of school district, external agency, and community member representatives that aims to assist students experiencing chronic absenteeism and truancy by offering resources to help students improve school attendance.
Staff School Assignments 2019-20: Areas 19-20
School AP Request for Habitual Truancy Citation: Request for Citation
Counselors, Deans, and AP's: use the quick link below to submit SARB/ESARB referrals
Helpful Info for Schools: When to Call Truancy
There are no upcoming events to display.
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web-Accessibility
The District prohibits bullying, cyber-bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation in any of its educational programs/activities, employment, and employment opportunities. For the District's full Notice of Non-Discrimination statement as well as methods to address questions and concerns please visit our Notice of Non-Discrimination and Web Accessibility page.For more information, visit the Civil Rights Compliance Department page.