Minimum Requirements for Substitute Teaching

  • STEP 1

    A substitute or teacher license issued by the Nevada State Department of Education. To apply for a standard Substitute license, you must have a minimum of 60 college credits.  For an application for licensure, go to   If you have any licensure questions, call the Nevada Department of Education Licensing Office at 775-687-9115 or email them at

    STEP 2  

    A completed Washoe County School District "certified" application  Click here.
    Applications for substitute teaching will be accepted on an ongoing basis.  Hiring will be based on the department’s needs.




     Substitute Services Homepage